Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: night vision

night vision

Hi everyone , I am interested in getting a night vision scope for foxing.im just interested in what you all think is good , bad , how much to expect to pay and so on. I would want to be able to shoot out to about 200 yards an spot them at 250 ?
    Thanks , Connor

Conor I'm no expert on night vision but you'll not past the Yukon photon for the money
    ​ Atb TomTom

Have a look for a second hand Pulsar N550 with a doubler. You can pick them up for @ 500. Add a decent IR to it and you'll do foxes to a good distance and certainly spot them at well over 250 yards. I spotted one a while ago at around 400 yards, called it in and shot it at 190.

Hopefully the link will work correctly but this will give you a good idea of the digital setups.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Why not speak with PaddySP on here?, seems to have, or had most of the available gear, and some other stuff too.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I use a Starlight Archer , ive had a few guys here with others but the archer is the best ive seen

Quote Originally Posted by Solwaystalker View Post
    I use a Starlight Archer , ive had a few guys here with others but the archer is the best ive seen
    ​+1 ...also the Pulsar N750 is very good as well.

Account Suspended
    Value for money a Deben/dedal/dipol 141 M is agen 1 + unit Russian made & superb for around 325/395 depending on condition,& lightest on the market (fox 90/100yds-rabbits 45/55yds) add extra I.R & add 75 + yards to rabbit recognition, & fox add 100yds + . If money is no object a pular N750..as for the the new Yukon ''add on '' photon, give a miss..you get what you pay for.

I have a Yukon photon on my .22 rim fire and it is the perfect setup for the .22 out last night first test for 10 minutes and shot seven rabbits. Also just bought a Pvs-14 and that is outstanding, far superior to the grade c archer I looked through!

Quote Originally Posted by tom reveley View Post
    Conor I'm no expert on night vision but you'll not past the Yukon photon for the money
    ​ Atb TomTom
    Tom, tried to send you a message twice mate, yor inbox is full.
    Neil