Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: giving up

giving up

Well I have tried everything,for 6 years since starting stalking,paid stalks,etc,etc,
    I cannot get any ground,to stalk you would think in my job [rentokil] and always some how bringing the conversation round to deer.
    I should have by now,come up with something,promises off farmers,land owners,so on and so forth.
    Offers of money,for a few barren feilds that some one saw a munty on 7 year ago,nowt!!!
    So I am seriously thinking of jacking in.
    Christ if it wasnt for Dave 223 on site,who is a very genorous guy,I would have no reason to own a bl@@@y rifle.

Preety peeved Tod.

Quote Originally Posted by tony rentokil View Post
    Well I have tried everything,for 6 years since starting stalking,paid stalks,etc,etc,
    I cannot get any ground,to stalk you would think in my job [rentokil] and always some how bringing the conversation round to deer.
    I should have by now,come up with something,promises off farmers,land owners,so on and so forth.
    Offers of money,for a few barren feilds that some one saw a munty on 7 year ago,nowt!!!
    Christ if it wasnt for Dave 223 on site,who is a very genorous guy,I would have no reason to own a bl@@@y rifle.

Preety peeved Tod.
    Hi pal,
    I also joined one of the big pest control companies when I returned from living in NZ but like you found that it was too much box kicking and not at all as I was told in the interview so jacked it and went back to joinery
    Regards
    Jimmy

Sad state really. often its all tied up with someone who can never have enough permissions.

All good things come to those that wait, keep plugging away something will come up prob when you least expect it !

Quote Originally Posted by tony rentokil View Post

Preety peeved Tod.
    Hope I've bloody read this right.

Dont give up the sport mate just for the sake of land. I've been there and got the t-shirt.
    i gave up on gaining land approx three years ago, more so when I heard folk where paying for land holding no deer o and just to shoot bunnys, corvids, a few foxes and a chance of roe.
    People with land now are being out purchased as land owners or farmers are getting wise and money is talking now a days.
    ive been fortunate to make decent mates from here offering good stalking opportunities.
    You would feel more peeved if you had your land taken off you due to financial reasons.
    Since never had the opportunity of having land with deer on ive met several good decent stalkers learned plenty more, shared a few cracks, whiskys etc and a couple of good offers on the table in the future.

​Caz (Dom) keep a whisky glass warm for me when I'm down I've got my eye on a nice bottle to share.

It is a pain in the ass. I bitch about my small bits of land as it is mainly bunnies round there but at least it is something and in three years we have had 4 deer off it.
    It is really difficult and I would love to get a decent bit of stalking ground nearish to me but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
    Perhaps you need a different strategy. Maybe go for some ratting and work your way up. I don't know. It is such a pain to figure out how to do it.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I am sure there a lots of people that have

done it
    read it
    seen the movie
    got the T shirt
    and now live in it.

well i have to say i am one of them,

had it all and now lost 90% of it, had shoots purchased from under my feet, mates take land from me when i was in hospital,and to cap it all those people that you help out and they promise you everything until your back on your feet and you don't hear a word,

DON'T give up just be patient and keep on going, for me that was to get a job with not very good wadges but im back in employment and have 6000 acres to shoot fox and vermin.

will i invite those who sh@t on me for a shoot,

not a hope in hell, they can all stay there and rot, and for those who used me for what they could get and not returned a single call..........................................they can stoke the fire in hell with the others.

best wishes bud and keep going

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Yes it all about the dont give up it will come.

If you fancy a day out after roe, pm me. I am a bit busy at the moment but Dec or Jan no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    I am sure there a lots of people that have

done it
    read it
    seen the movie
    got the T shirt
    and now live in it.

well i have to say i am one of them,

had it all and now lost 90% of it, had shoots purchased from under my feet, mates take land from me when i was in hospital,and to cap it all those people that you help out and they promise you everything until your back on your feet and you don't hear a word,

bob.
    Bob they ain't mates as sure your aware, what comes around goes around let's hope it bites them in the ass back.
    loyalty is showing very little now a days as the queens head on paper is talking big times a head. Let's just hope it doesnt price paying stalkers like myself out of the sport.