Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of us have all six species on their ground?

How many of us have all six species on their ground?

I was just wondering how many stalkers on here have all six species on their ground? I assume there can't be many areas that all six reside in?

I only ask as after seeing 8 Sika on the fields next to my main permission 2 weeks ago, it means that within a 3-4 mile radius of my various ground all six species are here now. Although I don't have permission to shoot them all, it's nice to be able to go out with the chance to observe them.

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

I would say the only place would be East Anglia somewhere but the Sika would be escapee's from a park.

Only got 4 on mine in Suffolk no cwd or sika , the fallow are only occasional visitors too , I reckon anybody who has all 6 on thier permission is extremely lucky !
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Sorry I should have said that I believe the Sika are now in the area for two reasons. As you say R8 one area are most likely escapees from a deer farm and the 8 I saw are allegedly part of a group of 20 that were deliberately released earlier this year by a farmer who kept them, although this is only hearsay. What I do know is I've seen 2 stags and 6 hinds recently so it may be true, unless they escaped also.

All in Cambs by the way,

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Spread over my various bits in sussex/kent I can muster four , no cwd or red , the sika escaped from a collection several years ago & I don't shoot them , but are nice to see about & if my two stalking neighbours kept there safety catch on you would see a lot more !

Regular Poster
    Where there are more Muntjac than you can shake a stick at
    Lucky for you to have all six there, Stratts, some good potential stalking ! Look forward to the photos.

Only my opinion but do we need another invasive deer species in East Anglia, and an aggressive browser at that ? My local landowner just wants the Muntjac 'wiped out', his words.

The New Forest has 5 - no CWD.

Up until a few years ago you could have claimed 7 species for Cambs as there was a few Pere David at large. As for the Sika you could even during the day regular see groups of 60-100 in the fields. But sad to say they have been hammered so much the ground I've got I've not seen let alone shoot one for the best part of 4years

I didn't even know they were in the county......hadn't realised they were that close at all!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink