Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RTA HUMANE ANIMAL DISPATCH COURSE Saturday 23 November Carnforth

RTA HUMANE ANIMAL DISPATCH COURSE Saturday 23 November Carnforth

I am thinking about attending this course and was looking to see if anyone from the Edinburgh (East Scotland ) would interested in a car share to attend.I have one other who has expressed an interest. We have to get back to BDS pronto as places are filling quickly.

http://www.bds.org.uk/course_dates.html
    Last edited by mark-joppa; 28-10-2013 at 14:45. Reason: add
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

do you have to be a member of bds I am from yorkshire but willing to come up to do it as i have been trying with lics deer group but they have failed to give me any dates, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I don't think people should have to pay to do this course, in Hampshire,Wiltshire, Dorset and Sussex many volunteers have been doing rta's for years and are fully aware of all the H&S problems and risk assessment that are involved in doing this service for free and at cost to those doing it,
    Now it seems to me that the BDS have dreamed up this course as a money maker which I see is wrong, I attended on run by the D.I. and sponsord by the rspca which cost nothing.
    sorry if I am being a kill joy but why should you guys pay to do something which you will be doing for nothing and will cost you petrol money to attend an rta.
    I am a bds member and surport and help all other things they do.

There was one of those courses held in Andover recently.
    I looked at it with a view to attending, I thought it might be worth it just to meet other like minded people.
    Then I saw who was giving the brief and realised I had probably attended more RTA's already than the one giving the brief so did not attend.
    To charge for such a course, I think, is a right liberty as once having attended the course you would be expected to attend when called, therefore providing a public service at no cost to anybody other than yourself !
    I normally get called just after going to bed and when it is teeming down with rain.
    There has also been a couple of times when I have attended a specific spot after having been called out, not to find anybody in attendance or any sign of an RTA only to be told, " Oh it was sorted by a passing motorist weren't you told".

Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    I don't think people should have to pay to do this course, in Hampshire,Wiltshire, Dorset and Sussex many volunteers have been doing rta's for years and are fully aware of all the H&S problems and risk assessment that are involved in doing this service for free and at cost to those doing it,
    Now it seems to me that the BDS have dreamed up this course as a money maker which I see is wrong, I attended on run by the D.I. and sponsord by the rspca which cost nothing.
    sorry if I am being a kill joy but why should you guys pay to do something which you will be doing for nothing and will cost you petrol money to attend an rta.
    I am a bds member and surport and help all other things they do.

I agree on the cost but it is the way of the world now that everything needs a piece of paper !!!!!

Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    do you have to be a member of bds I am from yorkshire but willing to come up to do it as i have been trying with lics deer group but they have failed to give me any dates, atb wayne
    ​Sorry not sure,you would be better contacting Cheryl Seymour at BDS head office to answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    Wayne we could car share?

You don't need to attend a course to do the work. I imagine this is being put on by the BDS from member demand, and will therefore cost them money to run. The course is very cheap.

Would be a different kettle of fish if your local police force was starting a scheme and insisted you did a mandatory training day with them.

BDS are not going to be calling you out.

(still fail to see the attraction to this type of work.......)

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I live a mile from a large FC forest, most of the local farmers know I shoot, have been called out a few times by a local,

just thinking it would clarify things. and I may pick up more land

bobt happy to car share I will ring in morning and see if you need to be a member apache my force want a piece of paper and there is no attraction to this work but it needs doing and as i see this often on my way to and from work as well as just driving in general then i think its better to do it than turn a blind eye also when you have someone turn up on the doorstep in tears as they have injured a deer i won't turn away. It can also be extra work with the dog also, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports