tikka t3 super varmit v Sako 75 Action 4 Finnlight Synthetic Stainless

gasiorxxl

hi.Was wondering what the opinions were on the T3 supervarmit vsSako 75 Action 4 Finnlight Synthetic Stainless both rifles are in .243win
I have been looking at both, but don't know a lot about either. Just what I have read.

depends on if it for laying up or tabbing with feller ! both i feel are very good and have owned the t3 tactical and have a sako 85 so i would be :D to have both of them

Crikey mate weight wise you are going from one extreme to the other. Both very good rifles but you are going to have to identify what your actual shooting needs are before you decide.

SAKO 75 look mint 7 years old 120 approx 100 rounds-900
tikka look mint 3 years old 400 rounds 850

Speaking as someone who has a Sako Varmint rifle and has previously owned Tikka stalking weight rifles, if it's mainly for stalking go for the Sako. However if you want to shoot more than the occasional target go for the Tikka.

I am beginning to regret buying my varmint rifle for stalking but there again I do use it a fair bit on the range and it shows it's worth then. Saying that I did carry the Sako around Scotland for a week a couple of years back and didn't notice the extra weight at that time but have since been nocked back a bit with illness so would appreciate a little less weight to stalk with (both me and the rifle). :oops::lol:

Last edited:
I would have that Sako finnlight over the T3 all day long. I would really want to pay about £100 less for it unless you can get optilock rings and bases chucked in or do a deal on some ammo or something. You are really only paying £400 for it as it will always have a residual value of £400 or so even without a stock or barrel!

get the tikka then feller :thumb: and get a tack bolt knob fitted mine was in 308 and due to that brake it was called the asbo !! as it made everyone hate it .lol
ps is that pub called the joker? still going i had a few good turn outs in there many years ago :old:

t3 supervarmint is a good gun i have used one for years and would purchase another when this one is worn out it has now close to 6000rounds throe it and can still group half inch at 100yards its a working gun and i work it hard never complains even when soaking wet just chuck it in the gun cabinet used to clean it after every outing now just shoot it cant kill the fecking thing so no way of getting another new one :-|

Finally i chose Sako 75 Action 3IMG_2839.jpgIMG_2838.jpg Finnlight Synthetic Stainless
joust shoot 300 yards great holds group great rifle
Thank you all for help

Back