Thread: birthday photon

birthday photon

Just got one of the above with a nightmaster 800 from my daughter an er indoors for my birthday:-)
    Can't wait to try it out. .

Very nice birthday present, i've been on the waiting list since sept and can't wait for it to arrive, hopefully won't be much longer. Drop a mail when you tried it out, i've been watching the reviews on Youtube and i can't wait to get out there.

You've gotta love a family that 'get' whats important to a bloke! My other half has after many years pinged that socks just dont cut it any more...... in fact she has a MIDWAY UK shortcut on her laptop!

That said I am envious of you as well. I've got a PHOTON, with Marky610's adapter and a YUKON x1.7 add on lens and IR Torch sat waiting for me in UK. Slight problem, I'm in Afghanistan for another bloody month. Tick Tock!

Enjoy and tell us how you get on with it.

Deano

(edited for horrendous spelling!)

thanks guys! just about to mount it on the shooter.... just hope it stops raining....

finally got to take it out. didn't see a fox but got to try it out anyway.
    to be honest when i first switched it on, tuned it in best i could, i was a little dissapointed. seems like built in ir was aiming a little low. not sure if you can adjust it.. could see a rabbit at about 80-90 yds. then i switched the nightmaster on... wow! what a difference! i could see into fields over 300yds away. not sure what a fox would look like but i could see the rungs on a metal gate easily!
    i am sure 200yds for a fox wouldn't be a problem...
    my only concern with it at the moment is whether it holds zero & doesn't fog up or something...
    so thumbs up so far....

How do you find the battery compartment for locking down.
    Mine is a swine to lock off but apart from that, using an additional IR unit fairly enhances the unit which is great value for money.

seems ok so far...
    your right it is good value, especially as where i live the fields ain't huge so i don't generally shoot beyond 200yds at night so its ideal for me..

Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post
    How do you find the battery compartment for locking down.
    Mine is a swine to lock off but apart from that, using an additional IR unit fairly enhances the unit which is great value for money.
    Good evening, i thought the same about the battery compartment, a wee swine to lock, but the more use it gets i'm sure it will get easier. I have only been out the once and i was impressed, like people have been saying switch the Nightmaster800 on and it's completly different. For the money you can't beat it. Looking forward to going out with it again.