Don't Put Email Addresses and Phone Numbers in Threads

I. Farticus

Folks

As we have no idea who is registered on here, or trolling as a visitor, I'd suggest leaving any personal contact details out of threads

Just a thunk

Cheers
iain

Folks

As we have no idea who is registered on here, or trolling as a visitor, I'd suggest leaving any personal contact details out of threads

Just a thunk

Cheers
iain

Too true! I personally would strongly advise against putting personal contact details on ANY forum. If anyone needs to contact you let them ask for your contact details by PM and then at least you will know who you are talking to!

There are very few people I would give my details to: Jessica Biel, Kylie Minogue, Jessica Ennis....

Although seriously, good advice above.

Another option is to use disposable email addresses, I always use them if I'm advertising anything online (especially firearms).

Anybody that applies for DSC 2 will get a free list of contact details for all the AW's in the whole of England, Wales and Scotland, mine included !
Gun owner's details are on all gun adverts on Guntrader so I think 'being careful' is very difficult indeed and a job to know where to draw the line..

A good point , I wonder if guys on here advertising stalking ever get hassle from antis ? I mean these guys gave no option but to put thier details up

Hi All
Surely it should be up to the individual concerned whether he wants to show his contact details.If any anti wanted to give me any abuse on the phone bring it on
Geordie

Another option is to use disposable email addresses, I always use them if I'm advertising anything online (especially firearms).

All e-mail addresses are disposable and it makes sense to change them from time to time. As soon as the spam volume creeps up, ditch the address and start again. Regards JCS

Any individual, company or organisation who provide products or services, are a supplier to or affiliated to field sports sector regularly advertise in a number of formats so actually obtaining contact details and addresses is very easy - if you're a commercial organisation that is exactly what the intention is. A Google search, yellow pages, BT, Companies House or browsing through the classifieds of any weekly/monthly field sports publication will yield hundreds if not thousands of such contacts.

Very much up to the individual or organisation.

Any individual, company or organisation who provide products or services, are a supplier to or affiliated to field sports sector regularly advertise in a number of formats so actually obtaining contact details and addresses is very easy - if you're a commercial organisation that is exactly what the intention is. A Google search, yellow pages, BT, Companies House or browsing through the classifieds of any weekly/monthly field sports publication will yield hundreds if not thousands of such contacts.

Very much up to the individual or organisation.

Absolutely get all of that, but stalking is "fun" for me, a hobby, not a job, so I choose not to make this detail freely available

Back