Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two things....

"It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Little wonder so many innocent people are shot to death by police if this is the standard of people chosen for armed police , no mental health oversight obviously .
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler 1933

To be fair, it is in the daily blackmail, so the actual facts might not be quite so dramatic.........but still, really not good, to be known to have suicidal history but still be allowed to work in that environment....beggars belief
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

If this is the full story this was tragic, but very preventable, had his colleagues and chain of command done what they should have and relieved him from duty with firearms. To be perfectly honest, I don't see why someone who was emotionally fragile was even in the police force. As to the SIG, it's par for the course for the mainstream media. At least they didn't say it was an AK47!

I don't know the exact circumstances leading up to this or how many signs were missed. However when friend and workmate a police firearms officer working at Manchester airport shot himself, although he was having domestic issues none of his family or workmates saw it coming. He used his own shotgun not work issue.
    Wingy

So sad... he was someones son and brother.

Reading all the way through, his Sergeant mentioned he did not take lightly that he might have been made to look foolish, an alarm bell if I ever heard one, well grounded types take criticism on board.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but this tragedy could have been prevented on so many levels...

The Ex missus, the girlfriend, friends, family, colleges, senior officers were all aware of his fragile state of mind yet no-one acted upon it. He had threatened to commit suicide on more than one occasion yet they allowed him to take a firearm home.

It's absurd.... and sad, very sad.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Red-Dot has is right

Thank you sir... there are too many to condemn him because he wore a uniform. He probably had or would have put his self in danger to protect someone he never knew
    Last edited by csl; 30-10-2013 at 07:32. Reason: Trolling comment removed