Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedding

Bedding

Having bought a wooden stock to replace my synthetic one, what would be a reasonable estimate to get it bedded ? The replacement stock came off the same action as my own, (Sako action III).

PM Jager SA for an estimate.
    He is bedding mine as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadex View Post
    PM Jager SA for an estimate.
    He is bedding mine as we speak.
    Might do, but hoping to get it done local (ish). RG Rifles, PRS or Eric Burnett probably. Just wondered what the cost was likely to be.

Only one way to find out ............................................... ask them!

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Only one way to find out ............................................... ask them!
    Yes , I will. Seing as the time of the original post was in the middle of the evening, it wasn't an opportune moment to call, I was just enquiring on here if anybody had an idea of costs to hand.
    Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Malxwal View Post
    Yes , I will. Seing as the time of the original post was in the middle of the evening, it wasn't an opportune moment to call, I was just enquiring on here if anybody had an idea of costs to hand.
    Thanks for your help.

glass and pillar bed 200 max if it's a VERY good job.

personally I think it should be no more than 100, but that's just me ;-) I also happen to do all my own rifles of course, so I'm biased!

where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    glass and pillar bed 200 max if it's a VERY good job.

personally I think it should be no more than 100, but that's just me ;-) I also happen to do all my own rifles of course, so I'm biased!

where are you located?
    A very good job? As in it works like it's meant to...or as in it looks pretty and works?

Suggest that you will spend between 150 - 400 depending who you choose to do the work.

It also depends on what rifle is being bedded as some are more difficult than others.

Someone with proven record is preferable in my view.

Thanks folks. Located in Aberdeenshire, rifle is a Sako 75 action III. The stock came off a 75 action III, so shouldn't require too much work, or am I ill informed ?
    The obvious known local names are as I mentioned, Russell Gall and Callum Ferguson, with Eric Burnett also, although I'm not sure of his expertise with rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Malxwal View Post
    Thanks folks. Located in Aberdeenshire, rifle is a Sako 75 action III. The stock came off a 75 action III, so shouldn't require too much work, or am I ill informed ?
    The obvious known local names are as I mentioned, Russell Gall and Callum Ferguson, with Eric Burnett also, although I'm not sure of his expertise with rifles.
    Erice knows his fair share about rifles too. Id trust him with it. Makes good job of the things ive seen hes made. He now works at buchan guns in rora tho. Check them out they have a website. Buchan Guns - Home doesnt tell u prices but will give u a contact number.
    Last edited by pablo.222; 30-10-2013 at 19:28.
    Always think before you pull that trigger.