Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RTA humane dispatch courses

RTA humane dispatch courses

Hi All, anyone know if theres one of these courses going to be run in derbyshire, staffordshire region in the near future? if so could you let me have the details please, thanks Dean

why not organise one? if you build it they will come?

BDS run courses ,email em

You would think the local police force would run a course for those that get called out, I will ask the question when im back in the uk.

thanks for the replies, bobt that sounds like a plan, have emaild bds and registered an interest, will see what feed back i get, will ask mike at calton moor range if basc or the ngo do one and check what interest there is up this end, thanks tika .308, any info most welcome

I cant get my head round the fact that the county council and police are not funding these courses, and people are paying out of their own pockets to attend a course so they can dispatch deer on behalf of the police free of charge. There is no reason this service cant/shouldnt be paid for as its a growing problem. But all the time they can get people to attend RTA's F.O.C it will not change!

Quote Originally Posted by sussex stalker View Post
    I cant get my head round the fact that the county council and police are not funding these courses, and people are paying out of their own pockets to attend a course so they can dispatch deer on behalf of the police free of charge. There is no reason this service cant/shouldnt be paid for as its a growing problem. But all the time they can get people to attend RTA's F.O.C it will not change!
    Could not agree more more, we have been doing it here and in Wiltshire for the last four + years for nothing except wonting to end suffering, it seems madness that the bds are making money from people who are doing this service for nothing, as I said in the above thread Wiltshire ran a course for nothing which was run by the DI and paid for by the rspca

This is madness having to pay BDS for the course but I can understand in some ways with the obsession about Health and safety these days.
    I have been doing it for years in fact I was out last week for north yorks police.
    I have a few rules that I apply for myself.
    1 BASC provide insurance document free on request if you are a member.
    2 never attend without police presance and incident number
    3 Take rimfire/shotgun and deer legal rifle and knife
    4 never shoot deer on private land without sending police to nearest farm get permission(they and you are not above the law)
    5 be as discreet as possible( there is nothing macho about walking down the road and blowing its head off as one person bragged to me he had done)

Quote Originally Posted by sussex stalker View Post
    very ture, any RTA you attend is all at your own cost and you end up with a deer to dispose of as its fit for nothing, it doesnt give you much encouragement to help out really

If all you guys organised a strike and it fell to the vets then once the bills started rolling in they'd be sure to find a bit of money to train you and offer you a small payment to cover your expenses.

You can't blame the police wanting to use a free resource that is daft enough to pay for its own training.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.