Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jagd und Hund - Dortmund

Jagd und Hund - Dortmund

I know its a way off still but is anyone planning to attend this year -

http://www.westfalenhallen.de/messen...d/en/index.php

Really good show - would be good to link up with others from SD for some 'refreshments'!!!

Easy Jet from Luton is the way forward or the drive isn't too bad if you prefer.

Chris.

It's not that far off Vigilaire, it will soon come around.

I rather fancied going this year and started looking around a couple of weeks ago for flights from Bristol, Birmingham or even Cardiff (Ha Ha), as all three airports are convenient to me. Lovely airport Cardiff but you can't get a flight to anywhere from it apart to Benidorm or the Canaries. If I have to drive to Luton I might as well take the car all the way.

I've been thinking of going for a few years now, it certainly beats the British shooting Show which my mate suggested we attend again this year. After last year's debacle there is no way that I will be going there again. I have been to the French game fair a couple of times and to the Salon du Chasse just outside Paris in the past the continentals certainly have more style than us, so I would definitely like to see how the Germans do it.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I am more than likely going on the Sunday and coming back Monday, was going on the Saturday but its my daughters second birthday and I think the wife might perform a suspended gralloch on me if I went then! Not sure wether it'll be by road or air yet though...
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

My little team are going out on the Wednesday afternoon flight from Luton.

Thursday and Friday at the show then back on Saturday lunchtime all being well.

Got the PM Stan, link up on Friday evening hopefully.

Have never been there on the last day but apparently all the bargains come out on Sunday!

I used to go every year when I lived over there its a great day out. You can get a Taxi from the airport for about €20, ask for the Westfalenhalle.
    Steve

Always fancied this massive fair with a great reputation.
    Anyone interested in sharing the driving? Cheers, K

That's something to think about Krabryn. I've already started doing a few costings but not sure if the wife would let me escape on my own. These sort of trips always cost me four times as much when she tags along for some reason.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by VIGILAIRE View Post
    My little team are going out on the Wednesday afternoon flight from Luton.

Thursday and Friday at the show then back on Saturday lunchtime all being well.

Got the PM Stan, link up on Friday evening hopefully.

Have never been there on the last day but apparently all the bargains come out on Sunday!
    I'll get there on Friday afternoon and so can meet up for drink. Back on Sunday.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Krabryn View Post
    Always fancied this massive fair with a great reputation.
    Anyone interested in sharing the driving? Cheers, K
    We have thought about driving too, makes great sense if there is a gang of you and helps logistics for bringing home all those 'essential purchases'. I go cabin baggage only to avoid temptation.

Stan - Friday afternoon should find us at the Veltins stand for 'refreshments'! Look forward to linking up.

Hi All!
    If you like to meet me, a German, living close to Dortmund, and have a beer, a chat or a tour around the fair, just let me know!
    It would be great to meet you guys there!!

Cheers

​Michael
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.