Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Night Master 800 or ND100 Laser

Night Master 800 or ND100 Laser

I hope this question hasn't been raised before but does any one have experience of the Night Master 800 compared to the ND100 green Laser ? I am in the market for a more portable lamp to put on the scope for foxing out to 200yds max. Also can the laser work with Night Vision I have a Litton gen 2+ an excellent piece of kit but it helps to throw a little light on the subject now and again.
    Reading all the blurb I am tempted with the laser, what do you think
    Cheers
    Nick

for me its the 800 i have one with green and one ir happy with the light it gives

SD Regular
    +1 - much more flexible choice of tool. White red green amber plus IR as options and easy to swap over
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Hi Paul
    Have you tried it against the laser that's what I really need to find out, my mate uses the 800 and I am impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Bali View Post
    Hi Paul
    Have you tried it against the laser that's what I really need to find out, my mate uses the 800 and I am impressed
    I just posted this in general discussion...

here ya go......
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UniqueFire...item3cd4899464

Those laser designators aren't what you'd expect..... I have the light like in the link and a green laser designator. The laser stops working under 10 degrees Celsius and bothers the animals.... I have shined fox, badger, hogs, deer, dogs, cats, and horses with the light and they don't even notice it. The laser designator makes them nervous right away. One morning, I had 6 deer laying about 50 ft off the trail I was driving.. car lights never bothered them, I stopped, put down the window and shined the light on them with no reaction. Shined them with the laser designator and they started to stir... Went on and came back about 20 minutes later and hit them with the light again and no reaction. Our horses have the same reaction.... light and don't even lift their head, laser designator, they move away immediately...

Thanks for that daven, contradicts all the reading. I now see there is a sub zero model so that would help the under 10 degree problem.I do use a cree led light but wanted factual information like yours to make up my mind on the laser.
    Still sitting on the post at the moment

PM DaveG on here or on the pigeonwatch forum and get a 501b modded from him. You can get different drop in modules that allow red or white beams that are good out to 200yds easily.
    I use a red led 501b I modded myself atop a normal scope.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Hi Limulus whats a 501b something like an nm800 ?

Ive had mine next to a NM800 and we couldnt tell the difference.
    Mine....<50...NM800...???a lot more
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Bali View Post
    Thanks for that daven, contradicts all the reading. I now see there is a sub zero model so that would help the under 10 degree problem.I do use a cree led light but wanted factual information like yours to make up my mind on the laser.
    Still sitting on the post at the moment
    Got a hunting buddy that was bragging about his subzero so much that another went and bought one (almost $600)... They were showing them off and gloating... Pulled out my light like in the link and lit up just as far without looking like something off a star wars movie and not spook animals... You can forget the laser in mist, rain, or fog also.... the light is better, not great, but better than the laser in those conditions. I clamp mine on top of my scope and have a little piece of velcro to put the pressure switch on the gun. I was able to pick a shooter pig out of a group at about 170 meters... Missed, but it wasn't the light's fault ......