WINNER of free stalking outing with sparko (thanks mark)

Distinguished Member
Hi Guys

the winner picked to go out with sparko for a free AM stalk after roe does in the somerset area is site member PUSC , i would just like to say a massive thankyou to sparko (mark) for his very very kind offer, thankyou

PUSC you can PM me (223) or sparko to arrange the morning out

ATB

Dave

Well done Dave, good of you to put this together again, all that remains Is for PUSC to get In touch and we can exchange telephone numbers...Date wise probably best towards the end of Nov / early December...I will keep you updated...Cheers...Mark

Well done Dave, good of you to put this together again, all that remains Is for PUSC to get In touch and we can exchange telephone numbers...Date wise probably best towards the end of Nov / early December...I will keep you updated...Cheers...Mark

thanks again mark

ATB

Dave

Welll, The day arrived and I met Alex at the range run by Ivythorn Sporting, after spending a couple of hours discussing things and Ironing out a few minor problems (Mainly a change In the rounds I was using giving us unacceptable groups) Alex then proved he could shoot a 60mm group with ease....Then off to the ground to see what was around, fortunately the weather was keeping dry albeit very windy, strong south westerly as we headed Into It, I suggested that any deer would be tucked up In behind hedges sheltering In the lower lying areas, we had about 4 hours of available light so off we go... Alex spotted a ground of three roe around 60 yards away but unfortunately they saw us too and made off, we waited a while then followed their route but no sign, headed back up to higher ground towards a small wood of mainly poplar and ash which has a good amount of ground cover to the middle area, an Ideal place to lie up for roe In this weather, as we made our way through the wood by the edge we moved another group of three, who moved off slowly Into deeper cover which Is pretty much Inpenetrable due to well established brambles etc...I suggested we climb Into one of the highseats and wait a while to see If anything else shows, nothing did, the wind was getting stronger and the light In the wood was going so I suggested we call It a day and arrange another day out In the new year... All In all It turned out to be a good day out with a good round of range testing for Alex, questioning for myself and generally a good outing with Alex picking up techniques and experience that you can only learn by being out there, walking a lot & Investing time for no result.... But that Is field sports!

My thanks go to to Dave 223 for the arrangement and making It all possible and Jon Sale for the good home loads and short term use of his Varberger for Alex to use on the range and of course Steve Beaty @ Ivythorn for the use of his range.

Cheers from Somerset...Mark

Last edited:
Back