AICS Stock refurb.

Deanot2000

Hi gents. I've just purchased a 'pre-loved' Remmy 700 AICS stock from a member of this forum. I'm not going to get my hands on it for a month yet (currently in Afghanistan) but I've been considering what to do with it. It's the Olive green variant but I'm undecided as to whether to either touch it up (it has a few minor scuffs from what I can see on the images) or change it to black like the barrel, optics and bipod I'm fitting.

Has anyone done anything similar? Surfing t'interweb has yielded a few options..... Ceracote (professional application required), Duracote (DIY but apparently requires up to three weeks to fully cure) Krylon (DIY job).

Im pretty handy with spraying etc so am happy to tackle a DIY job and due to time away will have leave in order to take the time required. I'm just looking for the consolidated wisdom of the 'collective'!

Answers greatly received!

​Deano

for the price it would cost you for a paint job you could buy the viper skins in your chossen colour and getting a really znice upgrade in the process.

Fair one! I'm out soon.... In the the immortal words of Mr F Mercury......'I've paid my dues........"!
Looking forward to the three R's.....Roe, Rabbits and R....Jack Daniels!
(Spelling not my strong point....squaddie remember?!)

Deano

Done dozens of stock sides over the years, used both Duracoat and Cerakote, the possibilities are endless as to what you can do with them. Although be aware that they take a lot to prep as the material is very oily by nature.

Could you not buy a new set of plastics for the AICS? A set for my AW is only about £75. That could be cheaper and easier than painting...

I checked... £80 for standard stocksides, £95 for the folding stocksides.

Last edited:
can you get it sprayed in walnut to look like a real rifle?:old:

Real rifles being loaded from the muzzle and tamped down using swatches of paper by real men as the 'fuzzy-wuzzy's" come over the hill?!

More of a 7.62mm link man myself......!

I have also been accused in the past of being 'no gentleman'!

Deano

can you get it sprayed in walnut to look like a real rifle?:old:

Yes .....

sm_IMG_0252.jpg

Got to say....... I like that! However not sure i could afford the local bearers, pith helmet etc to complete the picture!
Deano

Last edited:
Have you got 338 at unit (L115 look at AESP 711) Im sure you could acquire new stocks if you get friendly with your unit armorer, make sure they dmd the old non folding type though. Im not sure if they will fit as action size is different I havnt played with remm stock yet just AI stuff. As I also looked at the same stock but wanted it cheaper to cover re-furb, as wanted to bed my .308 remmy in acis stock, but Iv just spent loads of money on other stuff. Still wasn't a bad price as there hard to come buy unless your willing to by new at around £600 or 780 for folding.

I know someone who can do great spray jobs (ex forces) I can ping you his email addy and you can get him on facebook if you want. Think he ho has RFD so you can send it to him if you have had action fitted elsewhere already. Im sure he will get the look your after, and it will make it custom!

Deano

consider simply replacing the stock sides with aftermarket upgrade from Victor Company in the US

They will ship to the UK,

The stock sides are far superior to the OE ones fitted to the AICS (they are better quality, more comfortable and look good to boot.

Shame they dont do anything for the AX yet, ..

If youre a member of the UKV forum, there is some discount available too I understand..

http://www.victorcompanyusa.com/viperskins.html

Look good in black and smaller than normal is the barrel a heavy?

It is amazing the money that can spent to kill a few deer/foxes!

Have you got 338 at unit (L115 look at AESP 711) Im sure you could acquire new stocks if you get friendly with your unit armorer, make sure they dmd the old non folding type though. Im not sure if they will fit as action size is different I havnt played with remm stock yet just AI stuff. As I also looked at the same stock but wanted it cheaper to cover re-furb, as wanted to bed my .308 remmy in acis stock, but Iv just spent loads of money on other stuff. Still wasn't a bad price as there hard to come buy unless your willing to by new at around £600 or 780 for folding.

I know someone who can do great spray jobs (ex forces) I can ping you his email addy and you can get him on facebook if you want. Think he ho has RFD so you can send it to him if you have had action fitted elsewhere already. Im sure he will get the look your after, and it will make it custom!

Couldn't possibly misuse military hardware..wink wink! However food for thought!

Deano

Back