Photon heads up for Scots lads

lads they are coming up on ebay every other day new and second hand there was a seller on there had 10of them

lads they are coming up on ebay every other day new and second hand there was a seller on there had 10of them

wraith,

Established RFD on here are ordering in the 100's and are having to wait for deliveries.
EvilBay has product advertised........
By all means spend your money where you choose ;)

​Stan

Just a thought, and building slightly on erik hamburgers thread, but does anyone think the photon and similar may be the future for stalking and bring an end to the dominance of (increasingly overpriced) European glass? My understanding is they can be used in the day and, come poorer light (and up to 1 hour after dusk) you just turn the unit on and you can shoot if you wish.

All the talk with traditional glass is dawn/dusk performance and gaining an extra ten minutes. So now we've got products that can be used without damaging them in the day and with excellent clarity at sensible ranges, right up until the end of legal shooting time.

Any thoughts?

Novice

Just a thought, and building slightly on erik hamburgers thread, but does anyone think the photon and similar may be the future for stalking and bring an end to the dominance of (increasingly overpriced) European glass? My understanding is they can be used in the day and, come poorer light (and up to 1 hour after dusk) you just turn the unit on and you can shoot if you wish.

All the talk with traditional glass is dawn/dusk performance and gaining an extra ten minutes. So now we've got products that can be used without damaging them in the day and with excellent clarity at sensible ranges, right up until the end of legal shooting time.

Any thoughts?

Novice
its a night vision unit bud so would be ileagle to use on deer a gen 3 scope can be used during the day but turn it on at the rong time for deer will land you in the shi t

Yes and he wanted £500 each for the ten list he sold four @£475:evil: but guys are paying it??
seller wanted 440posted i asked 40pounds more than retail and no waiting list if i wanted one right now it would be a bargan as second hand ones have feched over500 on ebay by it dont like it put back on flee bay and be in profit

I was under the impression that a certain company, who are based north of the border, were sole importers of these. It came as a surprise then, to find, that they seem to be quite freely available,which seems strange, when people seem to have been waiting for months for the one that they ordered to arrive. Are these others grey imports without warranty or back up? Could someone please explain? It's quite tempting to bite the bullet and say Sod it and order elsewhere.

Last edited:
If anyone knows when a dealer is getting a supply that is not booked up on pre order, I would appreciate a heads up. I have decided to treat myself to one.:D

I was under the impression that a certain company, who are based north of the border, were sole importers of these. It came as a surprise then, to find, that they seem to be quite freely available,which seems strange, when people seem to have been waiting for months for the one that they ordered to arrive. Are these others grey imports without warranty or back up? Could someone please explain? It's quite tempting to bite the bullet and say Sod it and order elsewhere.

The sole importers of Yukon night vision is Thomas Jacks Limited - The Brands We Distribute

We Sporting goods, hunting gear and outdoor clothes from Scott Country are a main Pulsar and Yukon dealer, have several hundred units on order, and as the first dealer to receive the Photon (and had a demo 4 months before launch) we offered people to pay a £50 deposit with the balance to be paid when in stock, always being completely transparent ref delivery times not being certain.

We have supplied a few hundred now, and have still a large back order waiting list but are due a big shipment this month, and next month which "should" clear all back orders.

Other shops have had stock, albeit in smaller numbers, but ourselves and a couple of other larger retailers are operating the same pre order scheme allowing consumers to choose where they would like to pre-order.

Regards

Paul

I was in Thomas jacks today and was shown one of these, As above theres a good old waiting list. Infact how many they have on back order is mind blowing.
If they are as good as they say then at the rrp they will be a bargain.

Back