how many of you will be out at 6am on the first nov

roedeerred

been planning on taking the morning off for some weeks now/
organised
Gear ready just rifle to take out of cabinate am and drive to ground to start the doe cull.

It will be my Birthday so I can do what I like.....

Yeah right!!! work as usual :(

Just finished reloading a batch for the weekend. Alarm set for 0450. Shot a Pricket yesterday and there were loads of does about. Just hopping for some half decent weather.......

Weather's supposed to be crap for the next 3 days down here in Devon. Windy and plenty of the wet stuff, neither very helpful. Bugger!!

fortunately I'm over the point where I frantically need to get out to shoot as soon as the season kicks off, but I have to admit, I do look forward to finding a couple of worthy cull beasts from the doe population this year.

hope you guys have a good stalk tomorrow.

straight shooting - PKL

Nope the roe population around here has taken an absolute hammering recently. To many people taking on land and just shooting everything with no regard for deer management. My patch has had an exceptional breeding year so i will be letting them recover.

personally think are seeing a changing era in the cotswolds where stalking is in vogue and people are taking full commercial advantage which is a shame

Nope still in bed at 8am today. Working from home and the wife and girls are away. God I'm feelin lazy but a long weekend in Scotland next weekend. Just me and the deer oh and maybe the dog if I'm feeling brave enough to take him.

Think we have all blanked from time to time even in deer infested ground that never fails to deliver. Its the chance you take. I even came close to a blank in a park a few
Weeks ago but that's another story.

Two of us: Alarm at 5AM, on the ground by 5.30AM, my partner in the high-seat by 6AM, sunrise 7.01AM, first Roe doe of the season shot by him at 8AM. I did stalk another part of the land and stalked into a Roe doe, got within 30 yards but...no backstop. Lovely morning nevertheless.

Two of us: Alarm at 5AM, on the ground by 5.30AM, my partner in the high-seat by 6AM, sunrise 7.01AM, first Roe doe of the season shot by him at 8AM. I did stalk another part of the land and stalked into a Roe doe, got within 30 yards but...no backstop. Lovely morning nevertheless.

​I had a roe doe by 6.50 ;)

Back