Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Shooting Sticks

  1. #1

    Shooting Sticks

    I am looking to buy some shooting sticks for fallow stalking and I can't decide on whether to go for something like knobloch or something a little less expensive. Any advice gratefully received.

  2. #2
    Garden canes. Or limulus seems to do well with his on here but I have never seen a set myself.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

  3. #3
    I use the garden canes and following a tip I picked up on here I tie a length of light rope around where they cross and then stand on it and keep it under tension when shooting off them. Works a treat so my advice is to try it before you spend money on buying a pair as the total cost will be a few quid and you might find it works for you.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/




  4. #4
    Tried garden canes but like to shoot from sitting allot and know use tripod style telescopic legged sticks. Think they are M3 or something like that for about 30. Very versatile and quick to change from prone to sitting to standing. Can use one two or all three legs if you wish.

  5. #5
    Do not p**s about.

    Limulus.

    His quad sticks have revolutionised not only my shooting, but my approach to my shooting.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by fraser View Post
    I am looking to buy some shooting sticks for fallow stalking and I can't decide on whether to go for something like knobloch or something a little less expensive. Any advice gratefully received.
    At a cost of about 10, the best sticks you will ever find as they are tailor made for you, by you!
    I can group as well off these as I can in the prone position.
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...=monkey+sticks
    Far better than twin sticks or a tripod as they support the rifle at both ends.
    MS

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    At a cost of about 10, the best sticks you will ever find as they are tailor made for you, by you!
    I can group as well off these as I can in the prone position.
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...=monkey+sticks
    Far better than twin sticks or a tripod as they support the rifle at both ends.
    MS
    ​+1 on these sticks. Very stable and quite quick to deploy when you're used to them.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    At a cost of about 10, the best sticks you will ever find as they are tailor made for you, by you!
    I can group as well off these as I can in the prone position.
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...=monkey+sticks
    Far better than twin sticks or a tripod as they support the rifle at both ends.
    MS
    Yep these get my vote, for about a tenner,you could zero your rifle off them!
    Cheers
    ​Richard

  9. #9
    I find wood to be nicer to handle than metal, especially during the winter. I can vouch not only for the sticks produced by Limulus, but the service too. He is a diamond geezer to deal with and the sticks are first rate.

    ​Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    I use the garden canes and following a tip I picked up on here I tie a length of light rope around where they cross and then stand on it and keep it under tension when shooting off them. Works a treat so my advice is to try it before you spend money on buying a pair as the total cost will be a few quid and you might find it works for you.
    ​Can you explain this further or post a picture?sounds interesting...

Similar Threads

  1. Shooting sticks
    By chickenman in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 30-03-2016, 07:57
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-09-2014, 08:46
  3. Shooting sticks
    By Tyler in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-01-2013, 17:01
  4. Shooting sticks.
    By Dougster in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 19:35
  5. Shooting sticks
    By 6.5shooter in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 12:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •