Thread: www.redkettle.co is live

www.redkettle.co is live

Hi all,

Finally http://www.redkettle.co is live.

The shopping basket will be switched on next week where you can pre-order clothes.

We're launching with the woodland clothing previously shown here, but we will follow suit shortly, with a set of clothing for lowland stalking. Same cut, but different fabric.

All the best,

Christian

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    The clothing looks very good - nice to see a move away from the Advantage Optifade Multicam Realtree school of clothing!

The website also has a nice design, but maybe you could have employed a spell checker or professional copy writer? Some of the copy on the site is confusing or just plain wrong:

Like all Red Kettle clothing, Jacket, Woodland M/13 has been developed in corporation with professional and recreational deer stalkers. And, of course, we've made spend a lot of time stalking deer, to make sure you get a jacket that works and lasts.
    We hope you'll wear it thin on your big and small adventures.
    Ultrasuede micro fibre is a very close to being the perfect fabric for woodlands. It's quiet as fleece, but more windproof and more durable. It's almost as light. It's air permeable so you get natural breathability. It's dense enough to break the wind while allowing allowing circulation so can stay comfortable.
    When you're justifying the price of your garments on the fact that you won't compromise on quality, you need to make sure that same rigour is carried through to the spelling and grammar on the website!

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

He is Danish and evidently proud of his product, so maybe he wanted to follow through with his views of his merchandise himself, deerwarden

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden View Post
    He is Danish and evidently proud of his product, so maybe he wanted to follow through with his views of his merchandise himself, deerwarden
    Deerwarden
    I am sure he has every reason to be proud of his products

But he's trying to sell his products through a UK website, rather than face to face, and no-one who looks at the website has the faintest clue as to the fact he's Danish - all the website contact details are in the UK and there's no Danish option on language for the site. Making something of his Danish heritage on the site could even be a positive!

Whilst having views of your own merchandise is great, it would have taken no time for someone to have corrected the obvious typos. If he sends me the text file I will happily do it myself, for nothing!

I spend much of my professional life presenting to audiences right up to board level. I am well aware that lack of attention to what can seem to be the small and insignificant details (incorrect spelling, poor grammar, numbers not adding up, lack of consistency) can - to the audience - severely undermine whatever message you are trying to put across. Websites are no different.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Hi willie_gunn,

As discussed offline, I completely agree with you.

Thanks a lot for your help with the corrections, much appreicated.

Cheers,

​Christian

Has anyone tried this kit??

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

I had a long chat with him at Kelso 1, a decent enough guy, trying very hard to bring a great product to market, the only thing I couldn't get my head round were some of the colours he was starting off with, just a little too far away from the right shades of restrained brown or dull green for UK.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I had a long chat with him at Kelso 1, a decent enough guy, trying very hard to bring a great product to market, the only thing I couldn't get my head round were some of the colours he was starting off with, just a little too far away from the right shades of restrained brown or dull green for UK.
    The lack of did rather take me back.

Was looking at the Lowland pant but I don't stalk in Australia!

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

He seemed to click straight off when I said just look at the colours milling around?, So has his stuff changed colour any?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Great offer W-G. Nice one.

Will have a look look at the site when I get back from work.

ATB. With the website.

Jon