Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wives on a stalk ?

Wives on a stalk ?

I just wondered how many of you have taken your better halves on a stalk ?
    Mine has been out a number of times and really enjoyed it. In the early days it was a bit like giving your better half a driving lesson (best avoided for domestic harmony). However like a learner driver they always get better. Recently she has usually taken her long lens camera along, tonight however she was passed the Mauser and grassed her first deer, a fallow doe follower shot from a high seat.
    The young doe had wondered into a young plantation from a mature wood and spent several minutes in the crosshairs before being taken perfectly through the engine room.
    A great result all round because tonight I have just enjoyed a superb liver dinner from it and a nice bottle of red to wash it down.
    Out again in the morning, but tomorrow it's with a son hoping to repeat this evenings success !

​P

Mines not even slightly interested but then she never minds my too-ing and fro-ings at stupid o'clock and I wouldn't have a nice hot meal to come home to either.
    Flogging will continue until morale improves

I see the plan unfolding here, teach her to love it, come home covered in mud n mess with a dead deer ... and she loves it . Just teach her to skin, butcher and get the cooking done and you've got it made!

My missus will happily help butcher a deer in the bath if I need to. But taking her on a stalk might be a bit much. I genuinely don`t think she would enjoy the lying about in the wet for hours on end for 15 mins excitement !

Saying that, she`s waited longer for less than 15 mins excitement, so maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    My missus will happily help butcher a deer in the bath if I need to. But taking her on a stalk might be a bit much. I genuinely don`t think she would enjoy the lying about in the wet for hours on end for 15 mins excitement !

Saying that, she`s waited longer for less than 15 mins excitement, so maybe ?

i thought the whole point of shooting was the ability to spend time away from the missus.

My wife actively helps me. Wether spotting during zeroing, skinning, butchering, kennel duties.. But wont come stalking again after freezing her ass of following me 1 winters day. I dont think that me telling her to be more quite when she fell into drainage ditches helped....

Nutty

Come stalking with me ? God no ! Who'd want that ?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Prometheus, I'm delighted that you have such an understanding wife that likes to accompany you on your stalks, wives like that are often far and few between! However, have you really thought about the long term implications of this such as - I want my own FAC and gun cabinet and a new rifle and a full set of stalking clothing, etc, etc, etc, the list goes on and on!

Hi,
    My wife is always with me in the hills when we are stalking in Scotland. Not shooting but following and spotting.
    I like to have her with me and to share the nature and the deer..
    In DK she is not very interested but is preparing the deer for the freezer.

TDH