Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the tallest high seat you can buy?

What's the tallest high seat you can buy?

What's the tallest commercially available mobile high seat you can buy, preferably free standing? I haven't found anything over 17 feet. I could do with something 20+ feet that I can put up on my own. Can they be had that tall?

SD Regular
    I think you'll have real strength/stability problems with a seat of that height. Possible better off with a scaffolding tower? I'd have a chat with Wayne (Mereside) on here to see of he can fabricate you something suitable - high quality and keenly priced.

HTH
    Last edited by Eric the Red; 02-11-2013 at 11:23. Reason: smelling
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

highest i have done is 6mtr but that was a lean to, the safest thing i would suggest is a tower type I have not finished my towers off yet as i need to fulfill all my existing orders before i can get that shown.
    The towers i am doing will have 80mm box sextion legs and the tower section is bolt together construction that will flat pack.
    something that high i think would need pads sinking into the ground with a bolt on section so the wind wont flip it over. I can do it but until my seats are all out i can't take anymore orders, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Try and find some decorators scaffold sections or 'H' sections I think they are sometimes called. You can potentially go as high as you want with these and have 360 degree shooting unlike in a seat.

I'm thinking aboout something reasonably transportable that will fit into the back of a 4X4 in one go. It would get moved three or four times a year rotating between specific spots so semi permenant footpads of some kind could be rigged up quite easily with perhaps a deep driven central stake to attach a centrally suspended anchor line to. A lean-to one would do at a pinch but its a bit restrictive. There's one I use which is only about fifteen feet high and its fixed to a scots pine. When the wind blows I either fall asleep in it or get seasick.

Mereside, out of interest, how much would a thing like that cost?

Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    Dont forget your harness...

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    A lean-to one would do at a pinch but its a bit restrictive. There's one I use which is only about fifteen feet high and its fixed to a scots pine. When the wind blows I either fall asleep in it or get seasick.
    It doesn't get any better if you go higher!!!

Ed

That sort of height i would not be wanting to do a non permenent fitting as it could blow over ,why do you need it so high? using one against a tree would be safer as you can have the feet on spikes to sink in and strap around the tree, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

20 + FOOT HIGH AND MOST GET VERTIGO WHEN THEY ARE IN IT.

Nowt that 6P

Attachment 34263

Could do with a bit of camo net around it though
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks