Thread: Sako 75 IV Grey Laminate stock.

Sako 75 IV Grey Laminate stock.

As in the title please!

If anyone has a grey laminate stock to fit a Sako 75 IV action and would like to sell it, I would be most interested.

​Many thanks, Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Like buses eh......? Had one for sale for two years. Sold it this weekend to a chap in Sweden.

Good luck, they are like rocking horse plop.

Last edited by The Burpster; 05-11-2013 at 10:47.

You may not be intereste in an aftermarket one but Boyds are doing laminate stocks for Sako but I'm not sure which action it's for. Shoul be about 120-130 delivered from America. Also have you true GMK as they are the importers so may have one spare from a custom build or just keep some spares? I imagine GMK wouldn't be cheap but depends how much you want to spend.

I can assure you that GMK have no new 75 stocks. I bought the last one they had access to in 2009. It was a III action synthetic and I have just sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    You may not be intereste in an aftermarket one but Boyds are doing laminate stocks for Sako but I'm not sure which action it's for. Shoul be about 120-130 delivered from America. Also have you true GMK as they are the importers so may have one spare from a custom build or just keep some spares? I imagine GMK wouldn't be cheap but depends how much you want to spend.
    NH

GMK are a complete pain to deal with, they have never been anything less than completely unhelpful to me.

The worst of this is that I sold one a couple of years ago on this very site. I had thought I was grading up by stupidly selling my Sako 75 and buying another (more prestigous?) make. I had bought the grey laminate for my IV action and the new owner of the rifle did not want the laminate. So on the off chance I thought I would ask.

Boyd stocks are poorly inletted, from what I have seen, and do not come checkered.

​Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    NH

GMK are a complete pain to deal with, they have never been anything less than completely unhelpful to me.

The worst of this is that I sold one a couple of years ago on this very site. I had thought I was grading up by stupidly selling my Sako 75 and buying another (more prestigous?) make. I had bought the grey laminate for my IV action and the new owner of the rifle did not want the laminate. So on the off chance I thought I would ask.

Boyd stocks are poorly inletted, from what I have seen, and do not come checkered.

​Simon

I've only heard good things about Boyds so that surprises me but not having seen one I can't comment further.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    I've only heard good things about Boyds so that surprises me but not having seen one I can't comment further.
    NH,

My friend Gary bought and fitted one on his 7x64 Mauser 98, it took quite a lot of work to make it fit. And as I say they do not come with checkering and so can be slippy when wet.

​Simon