Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: certificate

certificate

been granted 17hmr 223 for foxes 243 for deer great been back and forth had supervision removed and asked for correct wording on the 243 come back with the .243 rifle, sound moderator and ammunition shall be used for shooting deer and any lawful quarry ,whilst out deer stalking and for zeroing on ranges,or land deemed suitable by the chief officer of police for the area where the land is situated and over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot . the bit i have problems is whilst out deer stalking is this correct

Sounds unusual but as it's AOLQ whilst deer stalking that's what you're doing if asked!
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

Just sounds like they dont want you to be using the 243 at night for foxes. But you have the 223 for that so not much of an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by widu13 View Post
    Sounds unusual but as it's AOLQ whilst deer stalking that's what you're doing if asked!
    Afraid I don't agree with that. What if the guy wants to sit up for a boar?

Quote Originally Posted by scrumbag View Post
    Afraid I don't agree with that. What if the guy wants to sit up for a boar?
    Boar with a .243??
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Boar with a .243??

Oh I agree Jimbo, wouldn't be my choice and not in accordance with HO Guidelines either. My point is it doesn't seem to sit within the spirit of any other legal quarry and to me looks like a licensing dept trying to put AOLQ on but neuter it somewhat.

(Just my nasty suspicious mind you understand).

ATB,

Scrummy

the only issue i have is that if i was out stalking with 243 and then wanted to go lamping for foxes i would then be breaking the law as you can not shoot deer at night . this seems to me that i would have to use the 223 which is good but that would mean takeing both rifles with me which will be akward or leave one in the car which will be illegal as some of the ground i shoot is 140 miles from where i live

Quote Originally Posted by scrumbag View Post
    Oh I agree Jimbo, wouldn't be my choice and not in accordance with HO Guidelines either. My point is it doesn't seem to sit within the spirit of any other legal quarry and to me looks like a licensing dept trying to put AOLQ on but neuter it somewhat.

(Just my nasty suspicious mind you understand).

ATB,

Scrummy
    Yes I think you're right sir I think that it's high time flds sang from the same hymn sheet and stopped making things up as they go along , however I doubt it will happen
    ​atb Jim
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Sounds like they have made it almost like a closed cert to me.

You can use your rifle whilst deer stalking (thinking there refering to payed place to stalk e.g. your off to scotland for a day out dsc1 or 2 stuff etc) or on ranges, Or on land deemed suitable by your police force (e.g your land you have got permission on that they have checked)

Nothing stopping you shooting/lamping fox on land you have cleared buy police force to use or AOLQ for that matter

beside each weapon system should have (experienced - Open)
    As you said you had supervisions removed make me think its closed.

But well Iv never had a closed cert thankfully and got AOLQ. Prob one of the few thats had open cert from first applying.

Mine reads as like this
    5. Expanding Ammunition – (a&b)
    The Certificate holder may posses, purchase or acquire expanding ammunition, or the missiles of such ammunition, in calibres .22RF and .308 ammunition authorised by this certificate and used only in connection with : -
    (a)the lawful shooting of deer & (b) the shooting of vermin, or in the connection with management of any estate, other wildlife.

6. QUARRY – VERMIN/GROUND GAME – (EXPERIANCED – OPEN)
    The .22.RF Rifle and .22RF Sound Moderator and ammunition shall be used for the shooting of vermin and ground game and for zeroing on ranges or land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

7. QUARRY – DEER & ANY OTHER LAWFUL QUARRY – (EXPERIANCED – OPEN)
    The .308 Rifle and .308 Sound Moderator and ammunition shall be used for the shooting deer and any other lawful quarry, and for zeroing on ranges or land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.
    Last edited by GunsmithDolphinholme; 03-11-2013 at 20:57.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Yes I think you're right sir I think that it's high time flds sang from the same hymn sheet and stopped making things up as they go along , however I doubt it will happen
    ​atb Jim
    Well Jimbo, only us will hold them to account so we have to do it. Only we as shooters can improve our lot sadly. (And sad that it has come to this really)