Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Faulty Factory ammo

  1. #1

    Faulty Factory ammo

    Please be aware that the cheap remi 30-06 ammunition that you purchased this morning was sold for component cost only. It must not be relied upon as a hunting ammunition. It is recommended that you take the round apart and re assemble using new primers. The powder heads and cases can be re used. If used on a range it is safe to shoot as only some of the batch had faulty primers and it will be obvious when the round fails to fire.


    This his was a text message I received this afternoon after visiting a unnamed gunshop this morning at the time of purchase I wasn't informed of any faults or asked what I would be using the ammo for which incidentally is to be used in a couple of wks time for three days driven boar hunting . I reload but due to time constraints and the fact I had ran out of powder I thought I'd buy some factory ammo and at least re use the brass never once had I thought I'd be pulling bullets and putting them back together if that's what I've got to end up doing I would of been better off making time and doing my own rounds up . The rounds I bought Wernt overly cheap 20 a box and I bought 5 boxes not a happy hunter at the mo as the shop was a hours drive away

  2. #2
    What kind is it? And what is the lot number?

  3. #3
    Remington core lokt 3006 180 grain all it says on box as regards lot no is PSP R30065
    on the bar code its 4770005490
    hope this helps

  4. #4
    The shop has just offered me a full refund

  5. #5
    Cheers, I'll have to go and check as I just bought some 180gr Core Lokt last week.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by swatty View Post
    Remington core lokt 3006 180 grain all it says on box as regards lot no is PSP R30065 on the bar code its 4770005490 hope this helps
    Hmmmm, that's what mine says as well....

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by swatty View Post
    Please be aware that the cheap remi 30-06 ammunition that you purchased this morning was sold for component cost only. It must not be relied upon as a hunting ammunition. It is recommended that you take the round apart and re assemble using new primers. The powder heads and cases can be re used. If used on a range it is safe to shoot as only some of the batch had faulty primers and it will be obvious when the round fails to fire.


    This his was a text message I received this afternoon after visiting a unnamed gunshop this morning at the time of purchase I wasn't informed of any faults or asked what I would be using the ammo for which incidentally is to be used in a couple of wks time for three days driven boar hunting . I reload but due to time constraints and the fact I had ran out of powder I thought I'd buy some factory ammo and at least re use the brass never once had I thought I'd be pulling bullets and putting them back together if that's what I've got to end up doing I would of been better off making time and doing my own rounds up . The rounds I bought Wernt overly cheap 20 a box and I bought 5 boxes not a happy hunter at the mo as the shop was a hours drive away
    If you aren't kidding us then this gunshop deserves to be named & shamed. What a bloody nerve! It just demonstrates the dubious practices manufacturers & the retail trade get up to.

    First of all this product code R30065 is old stock sold at today's prices. Remington Corelokt is cheap budget stuff - their 'cooking ammo' line. This R30065 is still on sale everywhere as normal product .........

    Remington R30065 - Google Search

    The current product code R30064 on the Remington website differs by one digit, but is undoubtedly the same stuff ......

    Firearms Comparison - Shotguns Comparison - Rifles Comparison - Remington Guns Comparison


    What is this gunshop actually saying? I like the pejorative cheap ammunition used as some sort of excuse. Does that mean if it's not one of Remington's premium line it's not guaranteed to go bang? Again I quote ... It must not be relied upon as a hunting ammunition ! What's the customer buying the stuff for then - as anal suppositories maybe? Who sells assembled ammunition at normal RRP for component cost only? If it's got faulty (read dud) primers then what's it doing on the shelf for sale? Why do they assume people are so desperate for cr*p Remington component bullets & brass that they'd spend hours whacking away with a bullet puller salvaging it and then reloading it?

    I'd be referring this outfit to Trading Standards, and the Gun Trade Association if not the Pope pretty damn quick.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post

    ho sells assembled ammunition at normal RRP for component cost only?
    If it's got faulty (read dud) primers then what's it doing on the shelf for sale?

    I'd be referring this outfit to Trading Standards, and the Gun Trade Association if not the Pope pretty damn quick.
    more to the point why is it not being advertised as having faulty primers if on sale at all!?

  9. #9
    20 a box just so you can pull the ammo to salvage some not very good components - UN BLOODY BELIEVABLE.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  10. #10
    SD Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Midlands M1/M69 Junction 21
    Posts
    5,380
    Have you contacted Remington directly about this? If so what do they say? Either, I guess, they'll say "Nothing wrong with it" or "Yes there is a known issue".

    If the former, that there was nothing wrong with it as far as Remington know, then it begs the question as to exactly what has happened, since it left Remington, that this gun shop is now saying it is "faulty".

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-06-2015, 15:14
  2. which factory ammo for 243?
    By r judd in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 13-04-2012, 10:52
  3. DSC1 and factory ammo
    By Lightyear in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 15:44
  4. Wanted .308 factory ammo
    By BIGPETE in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-06-2011, 12:02
  5. Military v's factory ammo
    By gamegunner in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 17-02-2010, 16:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •