Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: harkila trousers - fit

harkila trousers - fit

how do people find them?
    does your normal size fit you are are they small - large - tight - baggy etc

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    how do people find them?
    does your normal size fit you are are they small - large - tight - baggy etc
    You missed one, heavy!
    But they fit fine.
    Cheers
    ​Richard

SD Regular
    Ed, my experience of Harkila trousers is that they are a good fit in the waist and leg, but somewhat snug in the crotch/across the hips. They are flat fronted and perhaps a little short in depth - which is fine - but something you may need to get used to. An untoward sudden motion may lead to sharp discomfort until you have worn them in a little. I have a few shooting acquaintances of similar size (34 waist) who say the same thing.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

great thanks

considering a pair but no-where round here stocks them so the hassle of buying, trying and returning looms!

I'm usually at 38 to 40 waist depending on what jeans I'm wearing and got some 56 waist in the harkila. There a bit loose but just about right for me you don't want them to tight when walking about. I got a pair of braces for them and there perfect now. I must say there some of the best trousers I've got been in some horrible weather last few days beating and never let any water through. Got mine from Scott's country

+1 I'm exactly the same as ziggyfiley. I find them very comfortable. I bought mine from Marsh Farm Country Supplies.

Long in the leg on me but tighten them up around the ankles and they are fine. Perhaps a 1/2 inch bigger on the waist for the normal size.

I would go for the braces with them instead of a belt. First day I wore them around the inside of the waist there's a rubber strip maybe for keeping your shirt in place. But my shirt isn't that long and kept coming out and it rubbed like hell

So they run slightly larger in the waist than a similar size?

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyfiley View Post
    I would go for the braces with them instead of a belt. First day I wore them around the inside of the waist there's a rubber strip maybe for keeping your shirt in place. But my shirt isn't that long and kept coming out and it rubbed like hell
    I know what you mean here, but a couple of washes and it softens so doesn't hurt.

I would say go a size larger, I am usually a 34/35 waist but the c52 fit me with a belt which is a 36 waist.