harkila trousers - fit

bewsher500

how do people find them?
does your normal size fit you are are they small - large - tight - baggy etc

Ed, my experience of Harkila trousers is that they are a good fit in the waist and leg, but somewhat snug in the crotch/across the hips. They are flat fronted and perhaps a little short in depth - which is fine - but something you may need to get used to. An untoward sudden motion may lead to sharp discomfort until you have worn them in a little. I have a few shooting acquaintances of similar size (34 waist) who say the same thing.

great thanks

considering a pair but no-where round here stocks them so the hassle of buying, trying and returning looms!

I'm usually at 38 to 40 waist depending on what jeans I'm wearing and got some 56 waist in the harkila. There a bit loose but just about right for me you don't want them to tight when walking about. I got a pair of braces for them and there perfect now. I must say there some of the best trousers I've got been in some horrible weather last few days beating and never let any water through. Got mine from Scott's country

Long in the leg on me but tighten them up around the ankles and they are fine. Perhaps a 1/2 inch bigger on the waist for the normal size.

I would go for the braces with them instead of a belt. First day I wore them around the inside of the waist there's a rubber strip maybe for keeping your shirt in place. But my shirt isn't that long and kept coming out and it rubbed like hell

I would go for the braces with them instead of a belt. First day I wore them around the inside of the waist there's a rubber strip maybe for keeping your shirt in place. But my shirt isn't that long and kept coming out and it rubbed like hell

I know what you mean here, but a couple of washes and it softens so doesn't hurt.

I would say go a size larger, I am usually a 34/35 waist but the c52 fit me with a belt which is a 36 waist.

Ed

next time your in Glasgow try a set on in the Glasgow angling centre. Field sports section.

its not too far off the M8.

I wear a belt on mine as the waist is a pop button fastener. Not too. Heavy if you wear braces with them.

ATB

Tam

It really depends on the model and your personal preference for fit. The Pro Hunter in 34" (50) fits me nicely on the waist, but is far too tight in the crotch and knee area, however the Pro Hunter X in size 50 is a perfect for me (and far superior in comfort to the Pro Hunter).

The Field Trial trousers I have are a better fit in 36" (52).

I ordered the new Raptor suit with 36" (52) trousers, but the fit was way too big. I felt like a kid dressing up in my dad's suit! Needless to say it went back.

Back