Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: low/very low mounts for BRNO FOX (CZ 527)

low/very low mounts for BRNO FOX (CZ 527)

after some semi-decent mounts for a BRNO FOX / CZ 527 also fit of course.

looking for low or very low. to take a 26mm tube, but I can lap the rings from 1" to 26mm if need be of course.

it will be either a 34mm objective lens sitting in them so either low or very low should work.

prefer nice old hilvers (before the quality went south), or similar good steel burris style.

deffo NOT milllets, and NOT warne's ;-)

let me know what you have and how much :-)

Medium Warnes (love them or hate them) are as low as it gets, without a set of custom rings that is.
    I have them on my Hornet with a 3-9x36 swaro on top.
    My bolt handle has been ground down, would not fit other wise.
    I also have 2 sets of the old style Hilver's, 25 and 30mm, they are a little higher than the Warne's.
    (not for sale)

Neil.
    Last edited by Hornet 6; 04-11-2013 at 13:51.

not too concerned about the bolt handle, have calhoon modified on its way from the US as we speak.

more concerned about finding some decent mounts. Used warne's on other CZ's I've had, as well as on other rifles, but they are,,,argh,,ugly and the 'do' enjoy crimping your scope (at least taking a bit of paint off at the joints)...

does Sinclair International do CZ 527 mounts?

the alaska arms company does the Dap'tar bases (I think they're called)..so that's another option,,but hard to justify spending 3x the amount on the mounts than on the rifle!

I have a set of dove-tail mounts that may fit. What size is the receiver dove-tail at it's widest point?
    ​HM.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

I have never marked a scope using Warne mounts, in fact having just removed my Zeiss from the Blaser I note it has not one single mark.
    It has not had much use, but it has been on two rifle with Warne mounts and on the blaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    I have a set of dove-tail mounts that may fit. What size is the receiver dove-tail at it's widest point?
    ​HM.
    16mm

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    have calhoon modified on its way from the US as we speak.
    Why pay all that $$$ for something CZ-USA sell for about $25 ?
    The Conetrol Dap Tars look very nice, and no matter the price if this is to end up a looker, they are the only sensible choice.
    (as I'm sure a certain member will be quick to confirm)

Neil.

Are the dovetails on these the same as Tikka ones? If so, I may have something...

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Why pay all that $$$ for something CZ-USA sell for about $25 ?
    The Conetrol Dap Tars look very nice, and no matter the price if this is to end up a looker, they are the only sensible choice.
    (as I'm sure a certain member will be quick to confirm)

Neil.

Kenchblaize by any chance? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Kenchblaize by any chance? LOL
    You got it.
    I will say though they really do look the business, and I have never heard a word against them.
    I don't even mind the price, just the lack of help from the maker in choosing the right bits, if not for that I would have at least 3 sets of them.

Neil.

I will call and have a chat with them about things and probably order a set for my semi customized brno fox .222; if there's anything you'd like to know that I could chip in with my questions and order, please feel free to let me know or PM me Neil.

cheers

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    You got it.
    I will say though they really do look the business, and I have never heard a word against them.
    I don't even mind the price, just the lack of help from the maker in choosing the right bits, if not for that I would have at least 3 sets of them.

Neil.