The Forestry Commission Deer Management and Deer Licences

Buchan

NW Branch of BDS are holding a meeting at 7.00pm on 15th November at the Tickled Trout Hotel M6 (J31) PR5 OUJ

Norman Healy, the Forestry Commission's Wildlife Manager will be talking on all aspects of The Forestry Commission and Deer Licences.
A lot of information and misinformation is doing the rounds so this will be a good opportunity to ask some direct questions.

We aim to finish by 9.30 allowing those with a journey to get home in good time.

Open to any BDS member £2 and also to non BDS members £3, so all welcome

NW Branch of BDS are holding a meeting at 7.00pm on 15th November at the Tickled Trout Hotel M6 (J31) PR5 OUJ

Norman Healy, the Forestry Commission's Wildlife Manager will be talking on all aspects of The Forestry Commission and Deer Licences.
A lot of information and misinformation is doing the rounds so this will be a good opportunity to ask some direct questions.

We aim to finish by 9.30 allowing those with a journey to get home in good time.

Why doesn't anything like this happen over my way !!!!!!!
Regards
Jimmy

To dear for you yorkshiremen any way jimmy. I dont think you would ask any questions being a shy type :oops:

This is an excellent opportunity to speak to Norman Healy and ask questions with regards to lease availability, the way the commission conducts deer management and ask a man who has a lifetimes experience of working with deer in some fabulous places anything you can.

I did my DSC1 with Norman and John Cubby at Grizedale, he is a wealth of information.

The event has been placed specifically next to the M6 so that people from all over have easy access - to put things into perspective the venue is a two hour drive from york, birmingham, in easy reach of the scottish borders, so come on guys, attend!

I'll be there - a really good opportunity to understand the process and chat with the main man involved.

I'll be there - a really good opportunity to understand the process and chat with the main man involved.
+1 What better opportunity to hear whats to be said and feed into the future process - there's bound to be an expansion of the whole leases and licenses thing, so may as well make ourselves heard when we have the chance rather than moaning and whingeing and not applying.

+1 What better opportunity to hear whats to be said and feed into the future process - there's bound to be an expansion of the whole leases and licenses thing, so may as well make ourselves heard when we have the chance rather than moaning and whingeing and not applying.

+1 here too. Makes more sense to me that we go and stick our oar in, after all they look after OUR forests!
Personally I've had enough of the keyboard warriors banging on about lamped out blocks rented out at high rates, perhaps its time to look the man in the eye and ask for a straight answer on this and other topics - copper only bullets, paperwork requirements for leases, public access into a rented block and the associated liability, high seat shooting tests, ATV qualifications, fair access to all - North & South of the border, poaching control on rented blocks - DIY or is their some help (its my money they're taking after all)? etc etc. :dummy:

Take your pick or have I missed one?

Hope to make it, I'll see if I can get any more from down this way.
Do we need to book in or just turn up ?

Hope to make it, I'll see if I can get any more from down this way.
Do we need to book in or just turn up ?

No booking required Gary, bring as many as you can fit in.

We chose the location to get as many people there as possible from the North/ North West / North East.

Room holds 100, id like to think it will be full.

Back