6.5 factory round for T3 stainless

reddeer1

After buying a new T3 in stainless. Has anyone any recommendations on factory rounds? Preferably
140 grain. The dealer has some 140gr Hornady SST. Any advice appreciated.

Reddeer1

Guy I know uses privi in his t3 6.5/55 and get good results so mu h so he sold his loading gear !!!!!
Regards
Jimmy

After buying a new T3 in stainless. Has anyone any recommendations on factory rounds? Preferably
140 grain. The dealer has some 140gr Hornady SST. Any advice appreciated.

Reddeer1

140gr SST is a great round in my Sako. Same twist rate, and made in the same factory, but get a couple of boxes and have a play as all rifles can be subtly different.

Also try Fusion 140gr to compare a soft point round with the ballistic tip of the SST

Fed powershoks always gave me the best results in my 6.5 t3 (1/2 moa) .. moved to fusions when my local RFD ran out of PS and they were all over the place! Tried privi and they were god awful even included keyholing at 100yds!!!!!!

Just used the 140 grain Federal Fusions in my T3 with 20" barrel on a red hind and her calf at 200 yards - shot flat enough (I was zeroed 2.5 inches high at 100 yards so should be dead on at 200 according to Federal's ballistics data) and I got a nice exit hole but @ 2550fps claimed from a 24inch barrel, I would like something a touch faster when I have used up the batch of 100 I bought. No great claim for accuracy as I shot off hand for sighting in, but still got a 2 inch 3 shot group at 100 yards. It does the job!

Back