Thread: first time fallow

first time fallow

hi all

as its my 30th in a couple of months my good lady treated me wiv some stalk time..

i put the feelers out on another deer related forum and found a cracking chap that managed the deer in oxford on cornbury estate .
    after a couple of pms a date was booked to try for a fallow or sika i was not to fussed on what species as i have not taken ether of them..

i was booked up for Saturday and just my luck i had a mega cold and the worst migraine in the world it was very close to being canceled but thought i would dose myself up to the eye balls and crack on...

i hit the road and half hour into my journey the sky went black the wind was blowing my car all over the place and then the heavens opened.. i said to myself balls to this im going back as it seamed nothing was going right and i didn't want to waist my cash... 10 minuets of solid rain and then out came the sun it made everything alright again and gave me a push to carry on...

i arrived and met tom we had a quick chat and off we went in the caboota .. he took me around the park showing me 100's of stunning deer some monsters where out and about the sika where whistling and the fallow where in full grunt mode it was really nice to see so many deer and so close...
    we left the park and headed into a giant ancient woodland that was stunning some of the trees in there must have some story's.... .. we walked 200 yards from the truck and i spotted deer right away but they had also spotted us so they where off..

a 100 yards further along the path tom told me to watch the left hand side as deer are often spotted there,,,, just as he said that we both looked and thee fallow where stood there watching us... tom said get on your sticks...

within seconds i was up and on target but they where in cover and had obstructions in the way so i went for the younger one that i had a better shot at....
    i was calm and steady and took a nice neck shot at around 50 yards ...

she was hit very hard and watched her head flop violently... i was over the moon i no its a small one and not a clonking buck but i didn't care the whole experience was wicked the woodland was stunning the company was grate and the price was spot on....
    tom is a real nice bloke that was chatty and very helpful.. i will be going back in the near further thats for sure

screen shot capture

free screenshot tool

uploading images

many thanks andy

Nice one Andy .......1st of many mate !

Well done. I like your butchering board, what is it?

That's a lovely rabbit.
    Sorry couldn't resist. Well done.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    That's a lovely rabbit.
    Sorry couldn't resist. Well done.
    come on at least say hare... dont mind on the size it was my first im over the moon...

Quote Originally Posted by kieran222 View Post
    Well done. I like your butchering board, what is it?
    its perspex big enough and easy to clean...

Quote Originally Posted by camokid View Post
    come on at least say hare... dont mind on the size it was my first im over the moon...
    Shhhhhh don't tell anyone but it is bigger than any one I've shot.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Well done Andy, you deserved to get one for making the effort while feeling crap.