Does anyone do waterproof trousers with short legs?

EDCM

Hi all

I have the handicap of having short legs, 28 in side leg, I have enough problems finding ordinary trousers to fit.

Does anyone know if there are waterproof trousers out there, below £100 to suit?

Eddie

Have the same problem as you.whilst not trousers try the le chameau terre neuve leggings.look very tough and thorn proof as well as waterproof.cheapest by far at avalon guns and great service.regards richard

The Ridgeline trousers come out at circa 29". I have both the Roar, and the Pintail, which has a series of zips that allow you to adjust the length, 29" being the shortest.

The Roar are great, because they have an adjustable strap which allows you to tighten the bottom around the ankle. So even if they are a little long, you can stop them dragging on the floor. Roar are heavier duty than the other Ridgeline trousers, but also a little noisy.

The soft, quiet material, and extra pockets on the Pitail are great, but they are loose at the bottom, and are likely to drag unless you wear gators. Also found they were a little chilly, sitting in a seat in the howling wind, with it blowing up the trouser leg !

Next on my list "to buy", is the Ridgeline Torrent. The same soft quiet material, but has the ankle straps. Don't think they have many pockets though, and, seem to be in short supply at the moment.

All are rated as 100% waterproof.

Contact Roedinator he was complaining of the same thing, he couldn't get legs short enough. :rofl:

I think he sorted it in the end by getting a waterproof gilet and wearing it upside-down mike.

Brenig Outdoors in Wales do trousers called the ranger (i think) and they will do whatever length you want for about £60

I have a pair and really rate them!

I sympathise. I'm 29" and that's bad enough. I have learned to shorten them for myself and done about a dozen pairs now, variously by hand and machine, depending on the finish required. It means I can buy the trousers I want and ignore the leg length. Do you know anyone who can teach you a hemming stitch? it's not difficult, just a bit of chore!

I am also a "Ducks Disease" sufferer. I get the wife to alter them, an expensive way to get them adjusted. One problem is that you can't buy zipped bottom trousers which many manufacturers offer as they can't be altered.
Willie

I suppose I have been lucky that my wife has been in the manufacturing side of the clothing industry for 20+ plus years and she has worked for useful companies like North Face, Karrimor and Regatta/Cragg Hoppers - so (with a bit of encouragement!) she has shortened all of my trousers over the years. She has even made me the odd Goretex garment, back in the day we actually made stuff in the UK.
All I can say is I was less than impressed when she moved over to the prom dress/bridal side of things a couple of years ago...............
hh

Back