There be Boar!!!

Herbi1969

Right Guys,
spoke to my friendly neighbourly FLO today as I'm hankering for a 9.3x62 barrel for my Mauser.
:D
As I'm about to get my ticket opened up I thought "Ho Ho" this should be easy...........
FLO knows I'm looking at using the barrel for boar, so he ask's
"Boar? In Hertfordshire?"
Hmmm
Good point.
So my question is Where are the Boar?

Knowing you lot, lets keep it to the UK mainland.....

If you can think of any other reasons for 9.3 I'm all ears!

Cheers!!

How about you’re looking for a calibre that’s capable of dealing with driven boar should you travel abroad or to elsewhere in the UK for some boar action (book some stalking, wangle an invitation, something like that), but that is in the meantime perfectly suitable for fallow, reds and sika, especially in areas where you want to make sure they drop on the spot and aren’t lost in dense vegetation. It’s out of welfare concerns. I mean, this isn’t even nonsense. It’s a really common chambering in the rest of Europe.

Exmoor-as advertised on this forum,Southwest Dartmoor,Bodmin Moor..........they all have boar and of course the Forrest of Dean....

btw if you dont know where they are am i right to assume you dont want the barrel for Boar?so why do you want it??

Right Guys,
spoke to my friendly neighbourly FLO today as I'm hankering for a 9.3x62 barrel for my Mauser.
:D
As I'm about to get my ticket opened up I thought "Ho Ho" this should be easy...........
FLO knows I'm looking at using the barrel for boar, so he ask's
"Boar? In Hertfordshire?"
Hmmm
Good point.
So my question is Where are the Boar?

Knowing you lot, lets keep it to the UK mainland.....

If you can think of any other reasons for 9.3 I'm all ears!

Cheers!!

Why don't you just ask for your 9.3mm for deer staking and fox control That's what I have on my fac for my .444m and also for the 9.3mm slot that I have:love:
Bob

Unfortunately our licencing dept read the Home Office guidance manual and treat it as gospel.
The HO treat 9.3 as a Dangerous Game round. Which is of course ridiculous. So getting it down as a fox/deer round was a complete non starter!
Of course I'm aware of the Forest of Dean and the other counties, I was just wondering what the spread of boar migration was currently nationally.
Thank you for your assistance guys!

But the HO guidelines also state that the smaller dangerous game calibres may also be suitable for use on the larger species of deer in the UK, or something similar can't remember the exact wording but it's in there used it last year for a m8 to get a 9.3x74 conditioned for uk use as he comes shooting boar on my ground and This year for another m8 in twickenham for his 444, so just use the guidelines to justify it.
Unfortunately our licencing dept read the Home Office guidance manual and treat it as gospel.
The HO treat 9.3 as a Dangerous Game round. Which is of course ridiculous. So getting it down as a fox/deer round was a complete non starter!
Of course I'm aware of the Forest of Dean and the other counties, I was just wondering what the spread of boar migration was currently nationally.
Thank you for your assistance guys!

Back