Thread: 6.5x284 owners

6.5x284 owners

If any of you shoot strings of shots 4 minimum,our format is 6x4 shot sequences that takes around 15 mins but we shoot the 4 off pretty quick, last target we get 20 seconds for the 4 shots, do your cases eject warm or hotter,I did notice this sunday with my 6.5 06, I am asking coz its about the same amount of powder, did have a sticky bolt a few times too, am wondering if they are still a little hot even though data says its capable of better velocities, am sure 308 loads dont get warm

Even rimfire loads eject hot.
    Sounds like you just got lucky heating the mass of the rifle so it was warm then ejecting and touching the case quite quickly thereafter

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    If any of you shoot strings of shots 4 minimum,our format is 6x4 shot sequences that takes around 15 mins but we shoot the 4 off pretty quick, last target we get 20 seconds for the 4 shots, do your cases eject warm or hotter,I did notice this sunday with my 6.5 06, I am asking coz its about the same amount of powder, did have a sticky bolt a few times too, am wondering if they are still a little hot even though data says its capable of better velocities, am sure 308 loads dont get warm
    Gotta watch that statement when you are talking about sticky bolt lift.

But yes. A hot chamber can stick brass. Ammo fired in some AR's will show a stretched case if it's the one that sat in the chamber for a bit after a long firing string.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Swaro,

You might want to try that post again but before you've been to the pub.

Regards,

Tim