Thread: Converting a fridge to hang carcasses - photos anyone?

Converting a fridge to hang carcasses - photos anyone?

Just got a commercial 1.83 m fridge into which I want to fit something to hang the carcasses. I have seen the Tenderum apparatus but want to avoid drilling into the sides. There must be loads of you with converted fridges, any pictures of diy fittings that really work well? Anything that you would do different next time? I am hoping to steal other people's good ideas before I try my own! Thanks!

just remove all shelves except top one and suspend off hooks from shelf.............

Bushwear do a kit but it involves drilling, they do include the correct size bit with the kit, I'm tempted to get one once I get another fridge

Quote Originally Posted by Akeld View Post
    Bushwear do a kit but it involves drilling, they do include the correct size bit with the kit, I'm tempted to get one once I get another fridge
    Although Sikadog, a fridge engineer and SD member, has said often the gassing pipes run in the sides of fridges, and are often gas like butane, which when it comes into contact with a drill, will explode! Beware of drilling a fridge unless you know where everything lies.

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    Although Sikadog, a fridge engineer and SD member, has said often the gassing pipes run in the sides of fridges, and are often gas like butane, which when it comes into contact with a drill, will explode! Beware of drilling a fridge unless you know where everything lies.
    But if you trace all the pipe work and they are all external then drill away.
    "you've only got three choices in life - give up, give in or give it all you've got"

Depends how much weight you want to hold also, mine is drilled with 35mm stainless tube through, on the outside I have to uprights from the floor for additional support
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    "you've only got three choices in life - give up, give in or give it all you've got"