Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South Africa Hunting Trip

South Africa Hunting Trip

Hello all, I don't normally put a great deal on here, but due to having the time of my life I feel that this must be shared.
    I have just return from a management cull of plain wild game animals in South Africa.
    We booked through the Deer Lady (Linda) for a trip to Mayogi safaris, this trip was my first to South Africa and definitely will not be my last by a long shot.
    The minute you arrive you feel part of the family, all animals are processed in their larder and butchery department, nothing is wasted, they have an excellent set up and tailor to your needs and abilities.
    They have the latest vehicles and the meals are 5 star, the staff are lovely and helpful and will go above and beyond to provide what you need.
    If you are thinking of going to Africa these are the best in every way.
    Contact Linda by email: Linda.mayogi@gmail.com I think that you get 10 per cent off if your a BDS member.

We shot:
    KUDU
    IMPALA
    SPRINGBUCK
    WILDEBEAST
    WARTHOG
    DUIKER
    BLACK BACKED JACKEL
    OSTRICH
    ELAND

Having trouble uploading pictures, but trust me there great, will try and do them later.
    You get picked up from the airport and dropped off, all your washing gets done daily so don't need to take too many clothes, very easy for first timers to take your own rifle or hire one of theirs for $100 for the entire trip.

Breakfast, dinner and evening meal top notch BBQ with the fruits of your hunt.
    Rooms first rate, all food and drink included in the price including alcohol and you get plenty of it.
    Any one would think that I'm getting a cut of this, trust me I'm not, I just had a great time.
    Check out their Facebook page.

I promise you it is not an advert, I just appreciate good value and honest people.
    There are too many people charging stupid prices for next to nothing, this was my first time hunting in Africa so I don't have an opinion of other outfitters, I'm sure they are great, but all I can say is this was fantastic.
    I can only give my honest opinion of what I experienced, if you think that I am making something out of this, then you are wrong.
    This is why I don't post anything on here, everyone is entitled to have an opinion, but incorrect or invalid views are not welcome, there is always someone knocking those who have had a good deal and a great time.
    I just thought that the info might help others if they were interested but as normal people think your making something out of trying to help others. (No more posts from me). Not worth the unwelcome comments or remarks.

deerstalker.308, I thought your post was a bit tart too, regardless of the smiley.
    Surry,roe you said you had a fantastic time but did not mention how much it cost in total.
    X amount might be a 'reasonable' price to you and worth every penny but to someone else X amount might be the equivilant to an arm and a leg.
    I have found similar posts on here and when questioned further found that the persons idea of really good value was much more than I could afford so have got all excited for nothing.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and now look forward to the photos.
    Oh forgot to say, I don't use facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    deerstalker.308, I thought your post was a bit tart too, regardless of the smiley.
    Surry,roe you said you had a fantastic time but did not mention how much it cost in total.
    X amount might be a 'reasonable' price to you and worth every penny but to someone else X amount might be the equivilant to an arm and a leg.
    I have found similar posts on here and when questioned further found that the persons idea of really good value was much more than I could afford so have got all excited for nothing.
    Eddy,

Still an advert though.

​Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Eddy,Still an advert though.​Stan
    The word 'Advert' is usually used with some commercial connection.
    This read (to me anyway) as a recommendation among friends that was why I was interested in the price.
    That gives me some idea of the 'Well Off' people among my friends so I know who to tap up when I'm a bit short of the readies

The word 'Advert' is usually used with some commercial connection.
    This read (to me anyway) as a recommendation among friends that was why I was interested in the price.
    That gives me some idea of the 'Well Off' people among my friends so I know who to tap up when I'm a bit short of the readies

Eddy,

The Red Leader that says Available, is an indication to trade.

​Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Eddy,the Red Leader that says Available, is an indication to trade.Stan
    Oh! Oh! How did that get there !!
    Sorry, lend me half a crown for a pair of cheap glasses

EMcC
    Here is the link MAYOGI SAFARIS
    I just looked it up on google. Prices is on there too.
    ​Atb

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Those prices are very similar to the lines of Nduna and Bos en dal off here, seems there is a largely fixed rate if you go down the package route, EMcC, as was said, it was tongue in cheek, but it was also in the shooting available section (now moved to articles) hence my comment, it was not meant to offend anyone! ​
    I don't think it offended anyone just that his posts are low and may have put him off posting again if not understood in the sense it was meant, anyway it gave us a reason to post and bring it to the top of the thread
    Thanks for the pointer, in the past it was not only the price but the time away that has put me off as I don't like leaving my dog and wife for too long !!

This is where people should be careful what they write on an open forum. Comments that may seem harmless to you can offend others, and in some instances can put people off writing and contributing to the site. This is NOT what the site is all about!!

We seem to have a spate of this of late, which is rather tiresome

It is good to hear that someone had a good experience on their first African trip, and I would encourage the OP to post up his photos. We do have people mentioning outfitters, companies from time to time that do not advertise on here. Admin see's no real harm in this providing it is a one off and doesn't become a regular event, in which case Admin will make the decision to act.

If you have trouble loading the photos please contact Alex (csl) and he will guide you through it, as he is more up to speed with IT than I will ever be.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.