Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The big C

The big C

well chaps found a lump on one of my testes 2 weeks ago got it checked by docs and finally went for an ultrasound last night and looks as though its cancerous.
    Long night last night thinking things through last night and unable to go on a planned stalk because of it. Been a pretty **** few months for me as just been diagonsed with crohns recently and ongoing wrist trouble.
    Makes you look back over life thinking what did i do wrong? Suppose its just life, onwards and upwards i suppose always enjoyed a battle.

But guys please dont mess about check your self out and if in doubt get em out!!!!!!!
    Im not looking for condolences chaps just putting down whats hard to talk about.

For the message, and To the cancer, speedy recovery chap.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by wikedwickedmotox View Post
    well chaps found a lump on one of my testes 2 weeks ago got it checked by docs and finally went for an ultrasound last night and looks as though its cancerous.
    Long night last night thinking things through last night and unable to go on a planned stalk because of it. Been a pretty **** few months for me as just been diagonsed with crohns recently and ongoing wrist trouble.
    Makes you look back over life thinking what did i do wrong? Suppose its just life, onwards and upwards i suppose always enjoyed a battle.

But guys please dont mess about check your self out and if in doubt get em out!!!!!!!
    Im not looking for condolences chaps just putting down whats hard to talk about.

Good luck with it mate,i had surgery for the same condition 14 years ago today.............yeah fireworks night!!!!!!!

My father had the same at 37, made a full recovery and went on to live a mentally busy life until 60 when something completely different got him... Glad you've caught in time, and good luck with the recovery.

Thanks for posting - it'll be a wake up call to 99% of us!

Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Account Suspended
    Thanks for the 'heads up' . We all hear pink & charity run this & that about breast cancer etc, another one of those thigs, but we need to get the voice of men health better & make those around us aware of prostate,testicular cancer. Get your selves checked lads Its not fun after ,playing the hard man , all because you avoided a Doctor !
    Last edited by Little Jon; 05-11-2013 at 21:04.

Well done for posting.Unfortunately embarrassment kills, and people think it will go away.It wont, and it is very treatable if confronted early enough.I`m `flying on one wing` so to speak, and i wish you all the best.

Well done for being open and drawing attention to your own situation. If this thread makes people at least think about it it will be very worth while.

Wish you all the best and full recovery.

Pete

I faced the same thing, different type, seventeen years ago. I beat it and so can you. You are right about going in for a check up, early diagnosis is half the battle. I had a good friend who played the hero and refused to go to a doctor because as he put it " no-ones sticking their finger up my @ss ", he's been gone over ten years now. I'm still here. Don't be shy , it just may save your life.

Good Luck ,AB
    Last edited by alberta boy; 05-11-2013 at 21:27.

It takes a very brave man to be so open, thank you for your sound advice.

Please take note of all the positive remarks and feedback made in this thread.

Wishing you well with your treatment and recovery.

My daughter has very bad Crohns yet lives a near to normal lifestyle.

Best

sjb

From all the Admin team, our very best wishes for a full recovery. Keep us posted and when you are fully recovered please give me a call/PM and come out for a couple of free outings on me in West Sussex, hopefully we will knock a couple of Fallow over or a Roe for your freezer.

ATB

Sikamalc
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.