Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: foxes pairing up

foxes pairing up

Out last night heard the same noise as is on the FoxPro. Vixen on heat walked across the field were I had been shooting rabbits with my hmr and there were two maybe three foxes jumping and lunging at one fox which I would think was the vixen. Watch them for a couple of minuets then stopped as I didn't want to make my presence known as I will make hopefully one more visit with my 204 or 223 any one else heard anything .

seen 3 scrapping 8 weeks ago shot 2 of them a dog and a vixen, then shot 3 scrapping again in the same field 2 dogs and a vixen, also watched a pair run off up across the moors together. This is on high moorland though and they are always a few weeks early

Quiet here so far.Normally hear a dogfox near me by December.Not heard anything while i`ve been out.

Shot a pair sniffing around each other about two weeks ago, and one of a pair last week.

Not much going on around here - but then again, there are so few foxes about that I'm pleased if I even see one...

saw 3 in the same field monday night sniffing around each other...none shot tho due to backstop not good enough.

we have had a vixen screaming at night the last week or so,

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    Not much going on around here - but then again, there are so few foxes about that I'm pleased if I even see one...
    me too paddy . Very rare I see one that doesnt get shot.

Very quiet in our neck of the woods. Hardly seeing any never mind hearing them. Weathers been strange all year though. Everything still seems behind here so they may kick off later as well as move in

Mate shot a pair tied or close to it last week