Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice please on nv

Advice please on nv

Just wondering what my options are regarding nv on a Zeiss 6 x 24 x56
    quite like the thought of a front end add on to the scope
    anybody use this set up ?
    Any idea on price also / makes / models
    ​regards pete

Get in touch with mark.mbb on here Pete.
    Ive used a pvs14 and that is very good, both as a spotter and on the back of the scope (no problem using them on the back). A D760 is dedicated but totally stupid clear. Amazing kit.
    I'm playng with an ultra sensitive ccd sensor at the moment and a separate screen, looks good out to 200yds without illumination and much further with a red cree led modified torch. I just have to wait for a 12 and 16mm lens to arrive as the 8x I'm using doesnt magnify enough of the reticle.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Many thanks tony.
    ​Regards pete

SD Regular
    Obvious front end options are the PS22 or the new DFA75. The former is tubed, the latter digital. I've seen good results from the PS22, (no view on the DFA, but reviews have been mixed) but I have gone for a PVS14 monocular on the eyepiece, which will make better use of the excellent glass you have. There are a couple of compromises on eye relief, but overall, it is a fantastic system. I have heard good reviews with the scope you specify. What calibre are you planning on using it on? All have limitations (albeit small) around recoil which should be considered, especially with no guarantees on the kit - although there are some capable repairers coming on stream. I'd recommend the 14, especially as it seems a little more available these days.

You're welcome to come try mine should you wish.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Obvious front end options are the PS22 or the new DFA75. The former is tubed, the latter digital. I've seen good results from the PS22, (no view on the DFA, but reviews have been mixed) but I have gone for a PVS14 monocular on the eyepiece, which will make better use of the excellent glass you have. There are a couple of compromises on eye relief, but overall, it is a fantastic system. I have heard good reviews with the scope you specify. What calibre are you planning on using it on? All have limitations (albeit small) around recoil which should be considered, especially with no guarantees on the kit - although there are some capable repairers coming on stream. I'd recommend the 14, especially as it seems a little more available these days. You're welcome to come try mine should you wish.
    the calibre it will used on will be a 20 tac " when it arrives mike I know "
    which also weighs a ton so recoil should be non existent but a very good point
    that I haven't thought of
    A very kind offer to try yours out indeed
    would you have any pictures of the units you have described ?
    ​regards pete

There's a new Digital unit on the market called the Drone Pro - it's in very short supply at the min but those who have them rate them highly - Drone Pro Digital Night Vision Rifle Scope hope the link works !!

I use the Archer NV on all four of my rifles , used as a spotter then 4 seconds on to scope no probs at all .

Ive been useing the new DFA75 on the front of my Vortex 6-24x50 and works a treat to 200yds

So where's the best place to find a good autogated PVS14 these days?

Afganistan
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks