Thread: Wow

Wow

I saw a similar video to this on you tube just after purchasing my Karesaundo Boar, thought about giving it a go but decided it would be a pricey loss if it went t--s up. Took the bit between the teeth tonight went to Halfords bought some wet or dry and made a start, thought I had a sharp knife until now, what a difference.

A friend of mine on British Blades uses this technique on the knives he makes and they are the sharpest I know. Only difference is he uses quick mount glue and sticks the paper down as it makes it a lot easier as you don't have to hold it

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    A friend of mine on British Blades uses this technique on the knives he makes and they are the sharpest I know. Only difference is he uses quick mount glue and sticks the paper down as it makes it a lot easier as you don't have to hold it
    Good idea, as in this video I see he has acquired a sticky plaster on the end of one of his pinkey's, I too have a nice clean slice across the end of one of mine due to holding down the paper.

Google "scary sharp".
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Do you guys bother with the microscope when you do this? Looks like a nice way to keep your edges sharp and blades still looking polished.

I wonder how we've all sharpened knives without checking with a microscope........
    Still, he got a "scary sharp" edge on that blade right enough.
    Nice to see it's not just the likes of me who gets blood on a job either.
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Quote Originally Posted by A J View Post
    Do you guys bother with the microscope when you do this? Looks like a nice way to keep your edges sharp and blades still looking polished.
    No microscope available, just held the knife blade down and tipped it back and forth in the light, you can see any dips, hollows or any of the secondary grind that you've missed.

Have used a multitool with fine sand paper to good effect for chisels etc.