Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An absolute disgrace or am I expecting too much

Established Poster
    View my Gallery (3)View my Gallery (3)

Angry An absolute disgrace or am I expecting too much

Hi everyone,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00280.JPG 
Views:	421 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	34290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00279.JPG 
Views:	389 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	34291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00284.JPG 
Views:	412 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	34288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00282.JPG 
Views:	383 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	34289
    I'd like to hear peoples opinions on this.
    I went for a walk in Glen Aros on Mull the other day and what I found, quite frankly was disgraceful.
    I have included pictures which show,a large number of removed legs and various, post butchering carcass parts, which were not only left lying around, but many of them had been dumped in a pool in a burn leading into the main river.
    Now many will say, was it not poachers ? I dont think so considering the fact that I followed an Argo track to get to where it was.
    Someone has been out there shooting, and killed four or more beasts and left the remains in a situation that wouldn't meet the requirements of the level 1 questions re disposal.
    I only hope that the person responsible for this is not portraying themselves as professional in any way.
    However, they did at least have the decency to wear disposable gloves........they left them lying at the scene as well.
    With people acting like this, we dont need anyone attacking our sport from the outside, we're doing well enough on our own.

Unbelievable, surely somebody on the site knows who has the stalking on this ground.

D

Leaving the disposable gloves at the scene is unforgivable. However, disposal of gralloch remains is at landowners discretion. In some areas the landowner may wish for the remains to be left in the open to encourage scavengers (foxes, badgers, eagles etc).

​What would your preferred method of gralloch disposal be?

This is a fairly common practice, although not right in any way, it is common.
    I would say the worst part is the gloves being left and the proximity to a water bodie/course.

​I am not condoning it in any way, just saying that I have come across this on multiple estate.

May be wrong, but if my memory is correct then I remember reading something about disposing of gralloch etc by way of burial except for remote areas such as the highlands.

I would have said the main fact is dumping directly into a water source, I dont bury my grallochs i leave for feeding of wildlife but i always move away from a source of water. I would not just pile everything up either if i shoot multiple animals and i always take away gloves and wipes that is just plain lazy.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Leaving the disposable gloves is careless and lazy.

It looks to me as if the skull was picked clean so it may be animals that have dragged some of the remains into the water? Just a thought.

By the way if they had an Argo they could have distributed all on a more widespread basis.

I've seen a similar scene on one estate in England where there was one very large pit where all bones, gralloch etc were tipped; did not look good and I have never smelt anything quite so bad.

Unfortunately many people have very low standards of professionalism of which they still struggle to achieve. Bloody bone idle.

Quote Originally Posted by unlacedgecko View Post
    Leaving the disposable gloves at the scene is unforgivable. However, disposal of gralloch remains is at landowners discretion. In some areas the landowner may wish for the remains to be left in the open to encourage scavengers (foxes, badgers, eagles etc).

​What would your preferred method of gralloch disposal be?

+1, quite often I will leave them in an area where I will go back to watch for a fox later, but as stated this is up to the land owner/occupier.

I would say this needs to be considered with regard to the likelyhood of a member of public finding them.

Regards,

Gixer

Common enough practice on lots of estates, more likely to be larder waste than where the beasts were shot, absolutely nothing in law says it needs to be buried, but it is an offence to pollute a water way,likewise to leave the gloves is serious bad practice. Dumping larder waste in strategic places can make ideal points in which to control foxes, but should be dsone where its unlikely to be seen by the general public, however that is much more difficult these days with the right to roam, you never know where the public might be. There will be few Highland estates which actually bury the waste most will either dump it as you have seen, not in a water course may I add, or use a dead pit of some sort.