Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawke in low light?

Hawke in low light?

A question from my father is if a Hawke Endurance illuminated scope will be OK/good in low light? (3-12x50 or 2,5-10x56)

He prefer to spend the money on hunting trips rather than expensive equipment. And the Hawke is neither cheap or expensive so it would fit his rifle.

And when I say low light I mean 2-3 hunting trips a year. From wild boars at night and fullmoon in Sweden to afternoon/early morning in Scotland for roe's.

I had a Hawke Spord HD on my HMR, not the same model I know and it was only 100 new so not expensive and it was fine for shooting rabbits under a lamp and on moonlight nights over snow. Compared to the Leupold I now have it wasn't as good in gloomy conditions ie early dawn and late dusk or in the woods in the eve.

Hawke endurance

Hi, I have the Hawke endurance 30ir 56 min and find it good for the money.So far (5 years) it has not lost zero and works for me in low light and under the lamp with no problems.I have looked at my friends swaro and a S and B and to be fair they are better but not by a huge amount.I do eat a large amount of carrots so this may help!!!! To be honest I am happy with my Hawke endurance and do not see me changing any time soon.

hello i have a hawke endurance 2.5-10x56 with a 30mm tube, on my 6.5x55 and its fine for what i do, never lost zero... ( touch wood )

​hope this helps...

Thanks for the respone it was helpfull!

I just looked at some Hawke Endurance scopes in my local hunting store and what a dissapointment. Very narrow FOW and what a sucky reticle. (No offense to those of you who got one of those)

I think he will be better off with a Swaro 8x50 with 4A reticle, it should be found pretty cheap secondhand. Then im a bit concerned if a deer appears 30meters away and its 8x magnification, anyone got some experinces?

Quote Originally Posted by Renico View Post
    I just looked at some Hawke Endurance scopes in my local hunting store and what a dissapointment. Very narrow FOW and what a sucky reticle. (No offense to those of you who got one of those)

I think he will be better off with a Swaro 8x50 with 4A reticle, it should be found pretty cheap secondhand. Then im a bit concerned if a deer appears 30meters away and its 8x magnification, anyone got some experinces?
    8x is fine at that range
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    8x is fine at that range
    +1 Swaro I would prefer 8x to 6x but either will work fine

I did a test a year or so back over a set distance and in comparison with others the HAWKE sucked. Put it up against any other scope, ie those that cost more money, you will keep shooting with others when you can't shoot with the HAWKE. It is fine for some things but for first and last light I afraid you need to pay out the money.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I am sorry but Hawke are suited to air rifle or at the most rimfire, to consider them for shooting wild boar is a bit daft as considering the calibre you need for boar I don't think the Hawke will take the punishment.