Tattersall shirts

Acm

Hi all , I'm after a decent fitting country tattersall shirt . It seems the people who make them think every one has a 48 inch chest or bigger ! I'm 6ft 2 , 42 inch chest ! Someone must make a shirt that fits ! Can anyone recomend a good brand .

If you have an Edinburgh Woollen Mill nearby, they do very reasonably priced checked shirts. I'm nigh on 6'2" with a 44" chest, shirts fit lovely.

Be aware that if you in what they deem a holiday town then the selection at EM is rather poor and only clearance lines. This little snippet was given to us by the staff in the Skeggie branch when asked why they no longer offered such shorts. We were told that we needed to go to one of their other stores to get the normal range offered.

The Factory Shop in Spilsby had what looked to be fairly decent shirts of this type. I have not checked batter as yet but do need a couple of new ones.

Hi all , I'm after a decent fitting country tattersall shirt . It seems the people who make them think every one has a 48 inch chest or bigger ! I'm 6ft 2 , 42 inch chest ! Someone must make a shirt that fits ! Can anyone recomend a good brand .
​le chameau regards pete

Did you ever get sorted with the shirts mate? I'm looking at getting some and there are so many cheap ones out there (which I found out shrink quickly!!) I'm not sure what to get.

Are the Hoggs of Fife ones any good? A local store has unlined ones at £15 at the moment and I've found these online that look ok too, has anyone bought from them before?

Mens Tattersall Shirts | Samuel Windsor

Cheers

Stratts

Hoggs of Fife £15-ones in my opinion poor - woefully short, I'm only 5'9"/15.5" collar, and not very good material.
Hoggs new posh type called Chieftan very much better - there was/is a 'two for £49 free postage' offer from Fife Country in one of the shooting mags lately, and I am favourably impressed for the price.
Viyella in either cotton for summer or wool/cotton for the hinds are the ultimate in my opinion, but a firm on the internet called James Meade does pretty ggod wool/cotton ones also, and Pakeman, Catto and Carter do fairly heavy cotton flannel 'country' shirts, albeit in some rather striking patterns!

I've no idea about the chest size of any of these - it's not something I've ever had to worry about with shirts.

Did you ever get sorted with the shirts mate? I'm looking at getting some and there are so many cheap ones out there (which I found out shrink quickly!!) I'm not sure what to get.

Are the Hoggs of Fife ones any good? A local store has unlined ones at £15 at the moment and I've found these online that look ok too, has anyone bought from them before?

Mens Tattersall Shirts | Samuel Windsor

Cheers

Stratts

Pretty good shirts if you ask me, they seem to hold up ok and quality pretty good. The service was fine with helpful advice.

George

Hoggs of Fife have a shirt deal on this weekend... be quick!

Summer Special - 10% off all shirts with FREE delivery
Ends Monday
Look your best in our range of country shirts for work, sport and leisure. We have a wide selection of smart and casual shirts for men and women, from famous names such as Hoggs of Fife, Pinewood, Casa Moda, Joules and Viyella. Below is just a small range of what we have to offer. Just quote 14SHIRTS at checkout.

Have a look in the farm shops as well, Mole Valley Farmers, Wynstay Farmers etc. they sell them and they aren't expensive so you don't mind if you snag them whilst out .

Back