Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Answers Please ?

Your Answers Please ?

Anti asked me why deer stalkers always pose for photos with their dead deer ....Forum views? My response was that "the photo was a visual appreciation of overcoming a wild animals natural wariness and survival skills and honouring the animal with a photo as a permanent record of the achievement...adding that a photo of the stalker sitting next to a saddle,2x haunches and a set of fore- quarters did not have the same impact !"

A record of a particular stalk...one for the memory banks?

Same reason anyone takes a picture of anything...to keep a memory. What a dumb question from the anti. Guess they are so open minded their brains fell out.

It's a hobby (for most of us) and something we enjoy doing. To be successful in what you do, whether it be a hobby, sport or in your private life is something to be remembered. If we're in a winning football/rugby team, climb a mountain, get married, have a successful stalk, it's something we want to remember and so we take pictures. Don't antis do this (stalking excepted)?

Same reason our ancient ancestors did cave paintings I suppose ! Must admit not to posing with as many as I used to .
    ​Norma

The only photo of me with a deer was taken by a stalker for his website.
    I would however take photos of all the deer (and foxes) I shot in case evidence was needed when I renewed my FAC.
    In the event nothing was asked for and now I don't bother

My take on it is that such photographs are a personal thing only to be shared with friends and those genuinely interested. It's a bit like wedding photographs, do you really want to bore others to death with your wedding photographs? Women are different and are only to happy to share the husbands suffering with others.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I only take photos of the heads, to keep a record, some people I take out have there photo taken as a memory

Quote Originally Posted by UTGrad View Post
    Same reason anyone takes a picture of anything...to keep a memory. What a dumb question from the anti. Guess they are so open minded their brains fell out.
    +1
    As they say "a picture paints a thousand words",
    a bit like keeping the antlers from a buck- it's a reminder of the event.

So I can get on Scum Watch!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory