Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone here tried the Haenel Jaeger 10?

Has anyone here tried the Haenel Jaeger 10?

Has anyone here on the forum had any experience with the Haenel Jaeger 10 rifle? I've seen quite a few of them on sale recently, often at quite decent prices, but I haven't heard much about them at all.

I presume they are of decent quality, being made by Suhl? Any opinions of them?

Cheers
    ​T_T

Sorry but until you posted this I had not heard of this rifle. First thought it was an air rifle as haenal have always been into that market and in fact I own an old Model 303 Haenel.

​Haenel were always traditional gun makers until the wall came down they were quite restricted being on the "wrong" side of the wall.

Exactly, they don't seem to be very well known at all.

Link to a video about it (in French):

And the official Haene website: http://www.cg-haenel.de/en/haenel-jaeger/products/bolt-action-rifle-jaeger-10/

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    I wouldnt mind the bolt rifle in my stable,they look good,anyone know the pricing?
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

There was a thread about the Model 9 a few months ago Haenel jaeger 9 single shot.

General con census was pretty favourable.

Quote Originally Posted by johngryphon View Post
    I wouldnt mind the bolt rifle in my stable,they look good,anyone know the pricing?
    Prices seem to vary a bit. I've seen them in Denmark from about 7500 DKR, here is one with scope for 10000 DKR: http://www.koskov.dk/Riffelafdeling/Repeter.aspx

Here is one in Germany for 1050 Euros: http://egun.de/market/item.php?id=4617434#img

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Choke pricing eh... the 1050E isnt so bad.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan_Terrier View Post
    Has anyone here on the forum had any experience with the Haenel Jaeger 10 rifle? I've seen quite a few of them on sale recently, often at quite decent prices, but I haven't heard much about them at all.

I presume they are of decent quality, being made by Suhl? Any opinions of them?

Cheers
    ​T_T
    The reason you haven't heard of them is that it's not a widely known name in this country and that's simply because other brands are well known due to marketing effort by GMK and so on.

I handled one at Viking Arms yesterday. It is clearly a high quality rifle. The barrel and action had a smooth matt finish, similar to a Parkerized finish. The six lug bolt felt nice and slick, the trigger crisp and clean. The iron sights have a relatively short radius (the rifle in question may be a Battue version). The stock was made from plain wood (on the example I saw). In general, a nice piece of kit, of equal quality to Sako, Mauser and so on. I'm told that they are made by Merkel. RRP would be in the order 1500 which is favourable to a Sako 85 or similar. I'd certainly consider one if I was looking for a sporting rifle.

The rifle I handled had been out for review so an article should appear in the shooting press shortly. I suggested to Viking Arms that they take the rifle to BDS range days and similar for people to try out. It's something they are considering.

-JMS

Has anybody seen or tried this rifle after this thread was started? I think it looks really really good and should be German quality. I just cant get it right that the price for it is cheaper than a Tikka T3 hunter and Browning X-bolt just to name a few.

It really looks more expansive than it is.

I noted that they exhibited alongside Merkel at Jagd & Hund in Dortmund last week.

I was researching express rifles and theirs looked basic.

Stan