Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: screw cutting a rifle

screw cutting a rifle

hi everybody i have booked some days stalking and filled in the fac now and have been looking at rifles. now the one im looking at needs screw cutting to fit a mod . can any body advise me on someone who is good so i dont ruin a good rifle its in .270 and any ideas on which is a good mod as well thanks in advance wayne.

You would have to give an area. Niel Sutherland does a nice job in ayrshire www.pro-shooting.co.uk but if you are Devon it is a long way
    I have no complaints re the T8 but there is little difference troughout. Budget/ballance is the thing. Any mod will throw he ballance off. That is the price you pay for the quietnes.
    \\\\\no doubt you will get a lot of avice. Ask the person screwcutting the barrel which mod would achieve the best result without totally wrecking the ballance,
    Jim

thanks for that ,yes i forgot to mention i am in east yorkshire but do work around alot so can travel if a good job is done

I highly recomend Mike Norris of Brock Norris if you are travelling anywhere near Telford. if you ring ahead he will probably do it while you wait.

Ezzy

I highly recomend Mike Norris of Brock Norris if you are travelling anywhere near Telford. if you ring ahead he will probably do it while you wait.

Ezzy

just as ezzy said mike norris is the man,did it while i waited and also told me to take some ammo with me so i could set it up straight away.

And another if you are in this direction (Telford). Mike is a great gun smith. If scotland is a more likely thing then Callum Fergusson at PRS would be my choice. There's one at each end of the country for you!

Mike would be my first choice, he's so interesting to talk to he's well worth a visit. You'll not only get a good job done but he'll talk you through it while you watch him do the job of you're interested.

I like the idea of being able to watch mike work and pick his brains on a few things i have just found his no so will be ringing him thanks once again ,wayne

you will be impressed mate,i just hope his jokes have got better ,