Thread: Paid day fox shooting

Paid day fox shooting

Does anyone know if there is anyone offering paid days in the central Scotland area offering fox shooting never done this before going to apply soon for a rifle to shoot them on my permission but fancied going out with someone experienced if anyone has a permission with foxes and is willing to let me shoot one or two using their rifle

​all the best Jamie

Get out with the lamp with your 12g get some RC50g 1or2 and get squeaking
    as for your firearms go for 22-250 or 223

ATB
    ​JON

Hi Jamie, i am currently recovering from surgery but very soon i will be back in good form and can take you lamping on any of my seven farms or estate ground. Have you shot before and where are you based?
    Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie-D View Post
    Does anyone know if there is anyone offering paid days in the central Scotland area offering fox shooting never done this before going to apply soon for a rifle to shoot them on my permission but fancied going out with someone experienced if anyone has a permission with foxes and is willing to let me shoot one or two using their rifle

​all the best Jamie
    where about are you in the borders? i go out once a week and i am averaging 2-4 a night, if you did decide to come out you would have to come out and go on the range to make sure you can shoot... ( no offence) and ive been going out lamping all my life with my grandfather, and have been going out on my own for the last 6 years.

Hi Alex that would be superb I live in sauchie, no experience with rifles I do shoot FT and HFT with air rifles also shoot clays on a weekly basis had my police visit for my SGC and spoke to the FAO regarding acquiring rifles for rabbit and fox .22LR and .223 but she said I was in a good place to apply for an FAC, got a good permission with suitable back stops got my BASC insurance however she said it would help me out greatly if I could gain some experience using a rifle.

Kind Regards

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Hi Jamie, i am currently recovering from surgery but very soon i will be back in good form and can take you lamping on any of my seven farms or estate ground. Have you shot before and where are you based?
    Alex.

Hi 6.5 x 55 im in the borders most weekends (Clovenfords) I buy most of my gun related stuff from borders gun room in st boswells, I have never shot a live firing rifle before however I do shoot FT and HFT with air rifles, wouldent mind heading to the range with u sometime if u need to zero or whatever perhaps let me pur a few rounds down range and il pay my way with ammo etc

All the best
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5x55 View Post
    where about are you in the borders? i go out once a week and i am averaging 2-4 a night, if you did decide to come out you would have to come out and go on the range to make sure you can shoot... ( no offence) and ive been going out lamping all my life with my grandfather, and have been going out on my own for the last 6 years.