Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is DSC1 and DSC2?

what is DSC1 and DSC2?

Hey folks,
    what are these two certifications (what makes them up)? Getting a German hunting license was pretty in depth (diseases, breeding, how many teeth does each animal have, hunting dog keeping and knowledge, yadda yadda.....
    How do you folks get this certification? Is there online classes or(?) ? Not up there with you folks but would like to do the certification anyway... even if it's just learning the material...

Thanks, Dave

Just a quick look but it looks pretty much the same... Is the test/certification online and free (understand classes would cost, but if you already have the knowledge)?... Or, did I miss something on the website?

I think one point is in the UK DSC 1 and DSC 2 are not a legal requirement to go stalking where as in many EU countries a hunting license is obligatory and an FAC will not be issued until you have the license , this may seem like a good idea on the surface but unless courses are run by a government agency and fees are at a realistic rate then I`m against it happening in the UK.( a 3 day course in Spain is around 70 ).

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    Just a quick look but it looks pretty much the same... Is the test/certification online and free (understand classes would cost, but if you already have the knowledge)?... Or, did I miss something on the website?

Try 280 - 300 for DSC1 AND 600 - 1200 FOR DSC 2!!!!

A nice little earner for many including "charities".
    Last edited by Johno100; 08-11-2013 at 10:02.

can cost a couple thousand euro here and a straight 3 week course minimum... Got mine thru the military and had abbreviated classes but the same test proctored by german officials at a cost of $250..... This all had to be done before applying for a license....

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    can cost a couple thousand euro here and a straight 3 week course minimum... Got mine thru the military and had abbreviated classes but the same test proctored by german officials at a cost of $250..... This all had to be done before applying for a license....
    I would not like to see that here , it would become an elite sport , if you are on a low income in the UK sufficient can be learnt with some voluntary work and home studying.

It is an elite thing here and attitudes reflect it real bad........ Live in the middle of prime hunting land but the local hunters look down their noses at us "quick course" guys....

What is dsc 1 & 2 ..... Depends who you're asking the guys who run the courses and make a living from them or the guys who have to pay ... I would hate to see them become compulsory here we have enough legislation without adding more
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by Johno100 View Post
    I would not like to see that here , it would become an elite sport , if you are on a low income in the UK sufficient can be learnt with some voluntary work and home studying.
    Not that I'm advocating mandatory tests, we have burdensome enough regulation on firearms as it is (although not much comparatively on actual hunting), but there's a mandatory hunting test on France too and at the entry level, it's really not very elitist at all there. But the test is nothing like as thorough as in Germany, where the Jaegerpruefung is at the other end of the scale. I'm amazed when I speak to hunters in France by the extent to which you can pass the theory test (similar to driving theory in setup) with almost no understanding of the subject matter. You just learn the answers. Not that this is general, but you do encounter a remarkable level of ignorance sometimes.