243 Powder advice

AFAIK Vit did lower their load data from hot loads in 2008 to lower ones as reflected in the current manual, but the powder formulation remained the same.

It may be the data you use is out of date?

Starting to flatten the primers at 43 grains, cheers
are you sure you know what a flattened primer looks like ?? as I said your way too low on poweder,Ive offered you to pop over so I can take a look and even fire it in my workshop,theres no need to change powder,I cant do anymore if you don't listen,also using Varget previously could cause a build up of carbon in your throat which will cause pressure so make sure your clean
best of luck mate

Last edited:
Used 44.5gn N160 with 95gn BT's for years with no problems at all. I did read somewhere not long ago that Lapua had some issues with poorly made brass that prevented correct obturation...certainly sealing the brass when firing seems to be the crux of the problem the OP has.
If this 'sooty blow-back' issue doesn't occur with other manufacturers brass, maybe that's where the answer lies?? ATB

I use 42grn of N160 with Sierra Gameking 100gr spitzer boat tails and not had a problem
​ATB 243 Stalker

Back