Sauer 202 moderator

deerwarden

Waiting for variation for a Sauer 202 .270, at present have a T8 but the 202 needs a front mounted can, Jacksons do a CMM-4 centerfire which weighs 220g, cant find any detais on their website, anyone know about this mod, Jet Z seems to be the most popular on here, any other lightweight mods out there. :confused:

looks a good bit of kit !

im in the market for a new mod in the new year, i think im going to give it a look .
atvb lee :D

i dont think what you have been told is to far out , when you can ge a t8 for around 2oo quid !

i was looking at the jetz but ill be buggered if im gonna pay over 300 quid for it though ! :eek:

cheers lee

Mat no offence but i don't think there will be that many who will deal with Roedale for stuff after all the people he let down a few years back and the ATEC JTEC are old hat times have moved on but i will hold judgement till i use one for a few months.

Andrew what is your opinion of the north star.

L.D.G:

No offence taken, just pointing out something I'd seen on a website, not a personal recommendation. People are free to make up their own minds, I've not had many dealings with Roedale but I've not been let down so far. I'm sure others will be interested in your experiences of them.

Not sure what you mean by JTEC? As far as I can tell the latest Roedale offering is rather similar to the latest ATEC CMM so not sure what you mean by old hat.

I've got one of the older ATEC moderators: I picked it because it was strippable, and at the time someone on here posted a link to a pdf with some test results done by Sporting Rifle magazine - the results were amongst the best of the bunch and it was about the lightest at 550g.

Having had it for a while, the main annoyance was that bushing unscrews when you tighten up the mod, which IMHO is a major design flaw: I cured this with a turn of PTFE tape, I decided that Locktite would be a bit too permanent.

Other than that whilst it's nice to be able to strip it, I really can't be arsed! (It gets really mucky inside and life is too short for cleaning it) Last time I looked inside, there was some surface damage to some of the alloy baffles (<100 rounds in a 308 win 22" barrel).

From what I gather about the Jager Sporting Arms version of this mod, these problems have been cured: the bushing has a LH thread so it tightens when you tighten the mod, also all the baffles are stainless steel.

I'm somewhat sceptical about any mod that has alloy baffles, in terms of their long term durability, so with the ATEC CMM, it sounds suspiciously light, I don't think I'd get one without making sure it has stainless steel in the right places.

Cheers,
Mat

Mat

Don't get Dave (L.D.G.) on about Pete (Roedale) it could be a long post. ;)

ATB

Tahr

L.D.G said:
Mat no offence but i don't think there will be that many who will deal with Roedale for stuff after all the people he let down a few years back and the ATEC JTEC are old hat times have moved on but i will hold judgement till i use one for a few months.

Andrew what is your opinion of the north star.

ive not had it that long, about 2 months, but i think its a great bit of kit, its alot quiter than my compact ;) , an by being an over barrel mod , it doesnt pull the front end down that much, ive also put it on the scale againts a t8, an there isnt that much difference between them in weight at all,

i think its well worth the money ;)

hope this helps

Andrew

Thar no worry,s about me going on a bout Pete /Rodale life's to sort and i will leave that one for my book. What i can say is that the Jager mod is it looks quite good but still very large.Also a friend of mine ordered one months back and it still isn't here .He contacted James on his direct number and was told to deal with his local shop. So he has now ordered the north star the same as me i hope it don't take as long to come.

L.D.G said:
Thar no worry,s about me going on a bout Pete /Rodale life's to sort and i will leave that one for my book.

Oh I was thinking this thread was about to get interesting.
;)
It is a problem with the Jager arms moddy, Jackson has moddies in almost all gunshops. While Jager is still sorting out shops that will distribute them. I have got to say that the price of his moddy is bang on the money at £175, with a bit of luck it will force all the other manufactures to stop ripping us all off. :evil:

ATB

Tahr

Kevin it might be an idea to tell James to have a bit more in the customer service department because it don't matter if he sells them for a 5ver if there not available and when you cal you just get fobbed off then custom will go else were. The chaps name is Allan Kirnwiess and he had been out shooting previously with James so this was not a cold call.

PS I must admit to being surprised at hearing Roedales name i thought he would have been swinging from a door frame long ago. I certainly couldn't have coped with the stress :evil: :evil:

Back