Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~What is the best make of brass for 25-06

~What is the best make of brass for 25-06

~What is the best make of brass for 25-06

i have been using Remington for about 4 years never had a problem

Hi john.
    I am not really sure what the Best Brass is but i have recently bought Nosler 25-06 from RSD. It comes ready prepped, with flash holes deburred and necks chamfered inside and out. It is also weight sorted, full length sized and trimmed so ready to shoot out of the box. It was not the cheapest at a tad over 1 per case plus postage, but i like to buy what i feel is the best quality i can afford in anything i do. Will any of the above make any difference to shooting deer? Probably not.
    Now i know someone will say they buy brand x that costs tuppence a bucket full and they shoot hundreds of beats without issue and i will not argue. As said i like to use the best i perceive it to be and will pay a little extra for it.
    I used Sako Ammunition in my 25-06 AI to form brass and it was very good. I never lost a case forming this brass. RSD sometimes have it in component form and it is slightly less expensive than the Nosler.

Yorkie.
    Last edited by Yorkie; 09-11-2013 at 12:05.

Nosler, Norma or Hornady in that order. You're not target shooting so won't cycle them much. Buy the best. Another stalker nearby claims to have Lapua brass but I've never seen it offered in 25-06.

You could neck down 30 06 lapua brass to 25 06 but they dont make it that I am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    Nosler, Norma or Hornady in that order. You're not target shooting so won't cycle them much. Buy the best. Another stalker nearby claims to have Lapua brass but I've never seen it offered in 25-06.
    Where would you put Winchester and Remington in to that line up?

Ive used sako, winchester, remmy, whetherby and federal ,they dont do many firings so it doesnt make any difference,half a dozen if yoom lucky if you necksize

Actually Privi Partizen (NNY) make good cases. I acquired some in 25-06 and they seemed to be as good if not better to the Sako and Federal ones I had before.

Quote Originally Posted by john444334 View Post
    Where would you put Winchester and Remington in to that line up?
    ​At the bottom; below Hornady. I try to avoid winchester and Remington cases if possible. Weigh a batch of fresh brass and measure the thickness. The spread will be significantly larger than quality brass which also won't require as much prep before loading.

Not necessary just to shoot deer and foxes.i would say the best brass ive ueed was remmy nickel coated, maybe just coincidence they lasted better being coated
    Last edited by swarovski; 10-11-2013 at 11:54.