Thread: nightforce ir repair

nightforce ir repair

Hi all.
    Ive a nightforce NSX "USA made" 2.5/10 x 24 that I was given by a friend a couple of years ago, however the illuminated reticle only seems to have one brightness although by the looks of the knob it should dim.
    How would I go about having this issue fixed as it wasn't obtained via a shop and would it have to go to the states for doing
    Kind regards
    Jimmy

Jimmy,

About 6 or 7 years ago I had a 5.5-22x56 NPR-2 Ret and had problems with the focus turret. I called NF in the US and they told me to post it to them. They undertook the repair for free all I had to pay was the shipping both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyeopen View Post
    Jimmy,

About 6 or 7 years ago I had a 5.5-22x56 NPR-2 Ret and had problems with the focus turret. I called NF in the US and they told me to post it to them. They undertook the repair for free all I had to pay was the shipping both ways.
    thanks pal,
    Ill call them next week and see what they say
    Regards
    Jimmy

SD Regular
    Jimmy,

The brightness adjustment for my NSX is inside the turret underneath the battery? It's a bit fiddly, but can be done. Perhaps worth downloading the NSX instructions from the Nightforce website. Failing that RUAG are the UK distributors for NF and should be able to facilitate any repair/service needed.

HTH
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Jimmy,

The brightness adjustment for my NSX is inside the turret underneath the battery? It's a bit fiddly, but can be done. Perhaps worth downloading the NSX instructions from the Nightforce website. Failing that RUAG are the UK distributors for NF and should be able to facilitate any repair/service needed.

HTH
    Thanks ETR
    id heard thats what you do but as the knob itself has what looks like adjustment settings ie. Smaller dots going to larger dots I was imagining that it should possibly adjust via the knob.
    Regards
    Jimmy